Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wish they'd let us shoot seals because the coast is inundated with them...... I'm not saying anhilalate them but severely cull their numbers...... The National Trust Farnes bloke said =it'll be a bumper year this year and sure enough the population has gone up by 57%. They must feel untouchable these stupid people to publicise that fact...... Don't they know the returning fish are now 5 returning adults out of 100 smoults going out?

When the numbers of seals in the UK amount to about 37000 it makes one wonder are the seals taking the smoults as they try to get to sea? This N T supervisor/warden on Farnes said seals eat sand eels! it's their favourite! Well a smoult is a better moutfull than any sand eel now aint it?

And then there's the Seal protection league who publicise in the Indipendent newspaper that there are more African Elephants than Seals. He complains that seals are shot by those protecting their Salmon Farms and then shows a picture of a dead
    sea lion........ It's well worth knowing that the conservation of salmon will be dealing with shysters and liars.

In North Wales the bailiff shot seals on sight...... Trout and Salmon mag in the 80ties said 2 seals were seen to be chasing fish right up to the junction pool on the Dwyfor, both seals were shot...... Not a word of complaint from anyone. What would happen now? My fishing pal Portmadoc says my dad used to shoot them regularly to keep the numbers in check!
    What has gone wrong with conservation..... =backwards!
    Last edited by MicklemusH; Yesterday at 02:32 PM.

When one goes back a number of years the river estuary's were full of death dealing things like chemicals/sludge boats etc. The river Leven [out of loch Lomond] ran turkey red at holiday time and was so badly poached that there was a saying that the only way a fish could get to the loch was to take the bus.
    Now all those things have stopped the rivers should have been full of fish. ??
    Bob.

Signed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12