Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Exclamation IMPORTANT! Please Read

New scientific study underlines damage to wild salmon and sea trout populations from salmon farm parasites – in Scotland, Norway and Ireland – S&TC

This above report is very important for the ever diminishing future of what is left of wild stocks of salmon in farmed locations! Despite this, the Governments in the British Isles will continue to hold their present position regarding expansion!

EDIT: On the link above please read the FULL report which has links next to the first picture in the text...they are on an olive green background, or read here:

https://www.salmon-trout.org/wp-cont...ort-1449-2.pdf
    Last edited by castor; 10-01-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Plenty of evidence but falling on deaf ears

Not so much deaf ears, more like bulging pockets.

Default I would like to suggest

that the actions of the Scottish government may constitute grounds for raising an action of nuisance against them in the Scottish courts at the instance of a DSFB. But perhaps that is too much to hope for..... No wonder the government and civil service trample all over us.

All good stuff in the lead up to the enquiry into the aquaculture industry later this year.
    I shall be very surprised if the SG come out of it smelling of anything other than s hit.

Quote Originally Posted by flytryer View Post
    Not so much deaf ears, more like bulging pockets.
    Completely agree with you.

In this and other cases are politicians and governments who have an obligation to protect our ecosystem above the business, or at least try to balance both issues taking measures and monitoring compliance.
    But obviously that requires a lot of work and effort and they are not used to this.

When I was a boy I listened the stories of the elders about the northern Spanish rivers full of salmon.
    But a bad political management, a worse industrial planning and an absolute lack of environmental awareness for many years put an end to this excellent population of salmon. Recently it seems that this is recovering, but only thanks to the private initiative and the pressure and work of different environmental groups and sports fishing societies.
    It will be a long time to achieve fairly satisfactory results and I will not see it.

I only hope it does not happen the same in other Countries.

Sadly it’s happening everywhere. Money rules the world. Big company’s and well payed high numbers of professional lobbyists are working very effective for their interests. That’s very international. And indeed it’s not too easy for politicians to be in balance between environmental protection and keeping people in work and to increase the number of working places. - following the principles of the ever growing market ...
    But we are part of the game ourselves. Who wants to give away the used comforts and the luxury lifestyle for us and our families in Europe? Beneath all other international problems caused by this - we ourselves give a lot of arguments to the lobbyists in the way we are living !

We are only a small group of people interested in water livestock. Most of the people don’t see into water and want to protect birds or other animals they can see.
    There are no real reasons for the big amount of people to take influence to politics for “our fishes” and our fun.

As far as I am informed, there are some positive news from Kanada in protecting what needs to be protected.

Cheers - keep the old car and keep on fishing !
    Roland