Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Willie from Ayrshire

Thought I might introduce myself. As you've probably guessed I'm Willie from Ayr. Whist new to this forum I'm not entirely new to salmon fishing although my attempts have been with a single handed rod which so far has been adequate for the river Girvan where I've fished for a few years with very limited success
    I'm determined however to fish a bigger river and with that in mind I've recently bought a 14ft rod in order to start next season.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on where I might be able to fish at reasonable cost and without having to travel for hours & hours to get there. My main fishing will still be on the Givan but it would be quite nice to have a day's fishing now and again on a larger river.
    Cheers, Willie

welcome willie

HI Willie from Ayrshire welcome to the forum, you will not have to travel to far , try next door the Stincher or the Doon or head east and give the Nith and the Annan a lash.
    Tight lines,
    25lbs

Hidden Content

Thanks 25lbs, I thought the dumfriesshire rivers might be the best bet, being wider, I think. I'm hoping someone will help me with a more precise stretch as local knowledge can be invaluable as the forum members will be readily aware. Cheers, Willie.

Have a look at the fish nith website ,I have happy memories of the Midd Nith club waters at Thornhill ,why just possible you might still get a few days there and use the 14 this year rather than next !
    Enjoy
    Andy Wren (doctor to US friends)

Welcome Willie

Welcome aboard Willie fae Ayrshire

Thanks for the welcome guys.
    I'd love to have a go this season Andy, unfortunately I've just recently had an emergency appendectomy and been advised to rest for the next few weeks.
    I'd imagine the strain of lifting a long line off the water might do my recouperation no good. I think my first instincts should be to "mend" my inner scars before thinking about "mending" a fly line. Cheers, Willie

Welcome to the forum williebja
    EVERY CHANCE OF A FISH IF THEY ARE THEREHidden Content

Default welcome

hi willie

if you need any help with fishing in ayrshire let me know!

stuart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast