Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Default Hello from North Wales

I'm new to Salmon fishing having fished for trout on reservoirs in club competitions for many years.

I'm in a syndicate on the River Cree in Scotland (Hopeful to get on the Welsh Dee soon via CADAC), where i have usually just used the spinning rod but now I have invested in a basic salmon outfit (Shakespere Oracle Scandi 8/9) and i'm about to buy a John Norris Integrated Shooting head line to suit, have just received a poly leader kit so almost there...

Looking forward to receiving any tips or advice - a great resource this forum, especially for the novice!

Quote Originally Posted by Eye See Fisher View Post
    I'm new to Salmon fishing having fished for trout on reservoirs in club competitions for many years.

I'm in a syndicate on the River Cree in Scotland (Hopeful to get on the Welsh Dee soon via CADAC), where i have usually just used the spinning rod but now I have invested in a basic salmon outfit (Shakespere Oracle Scandi 8/9) and i'm about to buy a John Norris Integrated Shooting head line to suit, have just received a poly leader kit so almost there...

Looking forward to receiving any tips or advice - a great resource this forum, especially for the novice!
    I know the cree well been a member of NSAA for over 10 yrs also have a rod on the estate water you will enjoy it up there Newton Stewart is a great town drop me a line when your heading up and I will talk you through some bits

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbank View Post
    I know the cree well been a member of NSAA for over 10 yrs also have a rod on the estate water you will enjoy it up there Newton Stewart is a great town drop me a line when your heading up and I will talk you through some bits
    Thanks Woodbank, it's the Estate water I'm on. Have fished it twice so far, no salmon as yet but another rod I was with took a grilse spinning.

Due to head up there later this month so any advice would be great. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum
    You will get all the advice you need on this forum.

Welcome to the forum, enjoy.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the Forum where you'll find all manner of wisdom, wit, nonsense and all else besides. Always keep a sense of humour and a thick skin, but remember that in salmon fishing there's no such thing as a stupid question.

The Forum has a useful search engine which will help you find historic discussions of common questions.

If you want some basic tips on fishing for salmon with a fly have a look at Just One Week, which is specifically written to help beginners.

Learning how to conduct an effective rain dance would be an advantageous first step in your development that will make you many friends this season.

Tight lines.

Hi there! Im new to salmon this year too and a member of Cadac, when you join and if you fancy a fishing buddy, we can both not catch salmon together!
    Im on 07803818993

Quote Originally Posted by MCXFisher View Post
    Welcome to the Forum where you'll find all manner of wisdom, wit, nonsense and all else besides. Always keep a sense of humour and a thick skin, but remember that in salmon fishing there's no such thing as a stupid question.

The Forum has a useful search engine which will help you find historic discussions of common questions.

If you want some basic tips on fishing for salmon with a fly have a look at Just One Week, which is specifically written to help beginners.

Learning how to conduct an effective rain dance would be an advantageous first step in your development that will make you many friends this season.

Tight lines.
    Thanks very much! Your blog is a superb read.

Quote Originally Posted by lyndonford View Post
    Hi there! Im new to salmon this year too and a member of Cadac, when you join and if you fancy a fishing buddy, we can both not catch salmon together!
    Im on 07803818993
    I will do just that! Thanks very much, I'll aim to join later this year and I don't have anyone I know in that club so it would be useful to learn it with someone!