Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks OSF. I appreciate the further warm welcome and some information regarding dates. I didn't know the runs were moving earlier, so that's interesting info right there.

Cheers

Sutty

Hi Guys

Thanks to those who have sent me PMs. Unfortunately I can't reply yet because as a new member my privileges remain restricted. Apparently, you can only PM after 15 posts, unless it's to a staff member, so for now your PMs will have to go unanswered. I won't say who you are, otherwise the point of the PM would be partially lost, but since I can't reply, I thought I'd better mention something, so you know I'm not just being rude.

Thanks for reaching out.

Cheers

Sutty

Welcome! [a very good first post...and I am sure no-one ever knew you as Tartan Crocodile! ] The last remark is for the benefit of others!

Thanks. I don't know who he is, but I can only assume he's a tad over wordy, a little like me.

Another post down, and counting. Soon I'll be able to see those secret messages in peoples signatures, and who knows, eventually I might be able to send a PM.

Sutty

Shall I just say that his language was slightly more colourful!

Well that explains it.

By way of a quick update, so far opportunity, the weather, and the water, haven't cooperated, so I haven't been. So much for my question as to whether it's worth the effort in spring. Fingers crossed the weather will cooperate soon, and coordinate with an opportunity for a try. Won't be long before the trout season anyway, so that might make a trip worthwhile, even if the water isn't right for salmon.

I still can't send PMs, so those who were kind enough to contact me in that way will have to remain unanswered for a while longer.

Welcome to the Forum Sutty & hope your line goes taught again this year with a salmon or two. Enjoyed reading your lengthy post anyway, well put together and interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12