Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default LOOP Goran Andersson 12'6" 9wt

I apologize if this is in the wrong place. Up until now I've kept to the fly tying section of the site. I'm picking up a LOOP Goran Andersson 12'6" 9 wt in the next few days on a trade. Up until now I haven't fished with anything but Winstons and am curious as to what people who have fished this rod liked as far as lines go. My go to stick right now is a Winston BIImx 11'6" 6 wt (actually more of a 7 wt) and I fish a Guideline DDC 8/9 at a about 460 grains (38 feet) and love the combo. I'm picking the Andersson to throw some bigger temple dog style flies that don't particularly like my 6 weight. I know lines are pretty subjective but I'd love to hear what lines people have fished on the Andersson rod. Much appreciated.
    Andy G

I use a carron 9/10 Floater 65ft head on mine awesome turns over 5ft poly tips as well also a delta Spey 9/10 tips

I use Loop custom 11 heads cut to a weight of 35 grams and as previously mentioned the carron 9-10 65ftis excellent.or a guideline power taper 10-11 cut down to 35 gramms will cope with bigger flies hope this helps onelastcast
    Last edited by onelastcast; 14-03-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks for the replies. Should be here any day. I'm leaning toward a power taper.
    Andy G.