Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default which poly leaders for mackenzie 10/11 spey line ?

have a mackenzie spey line looking for best polyleaders to suit

michael evans tips 5ft--or 10ft
    avaliable from j norris

i wiil need to try them , i have been using rio versi leaders with 15lb maxima and the versi leaders break before the maxima
    Last edited by jimmylong; 22-10-2011 at 08:57 PM.

They cast 10' Airflo super dooper fast tips fine.
    "In Britain we have a saying for situations like this.......difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult"

I dont think there is a particularly 'best poly-leader' for these DTX or any other shooting head for that matter.

Poly-leaders come in different sizes from 5'-12' and right down to ex fast sink. They are all either made by Airflo or Rio and then re-branded so now we have it narrowed down to a couple although the ME ones aren't tapered but that doesn't really matter.

The taper and tip diameter of a DTX shooting head is more than capable of turning the longest and fastest of these tips. I would however add, because they are a bit longer than most shooting heads the longest and fastest tips will require you to have a good basic casting technique and be on your game. Again the deeper you are wading the more skill it will require to fish with a 12' ex fast tip. Too many people look to blame a product or label it as 'only good for some things' when in fact it is them who is falling short not the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    I dont think there is a particularly 'best poly-leader' for these DTX or any other shooting head for that matter.

Poly-leaders come in different sizes from 5'-12' and right down to ex fast sink. They are all either made by Airflo or Rio and then re-branded so now we have it narrowed down to a couple although the ME ones aren't tapered but that doesn't really matter.

The taper and tip diameter of a DTX shooting head is more than capable of turning the longest and fastest of these tips. I would however add, because they are a bit longer than most shooting heads the longest and fastest tips will require you to have a good basic casting technique and be on your game. Again the deeper you are wading the more skill it will require to fish with a 12' ex fast tip. Too many people look to blame a product or label it as 'only good for some things' when in fact it is them who is falling short not the product.
    nice post springer but salmon boy was asking about the SPEY LINE