Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default rio large loops failure

Has any one ever encountered a problem with Rio braided loops large size
    I Made up a shooting head with these braided loops but the loop unfolded at the end and when i checked the other end the loop pulled out as well just as well this happened when i was changing heads or there would be a head floating of on the river and one very annoyed grilse boy
    Give it your all and that you can sleep easy tonight

An interesting one, sounds like the glue that secures the tucked end has given up on it. Lucky it happened when it did
    "In Britain we have a saying for situations like this.......difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult"

they were new just out the packet three of the failed the other one seems ok but now im a bit worried to use it

Should of bought the roman moser's

Just me being a cheapskate 4 for a fiver rio
    roman moser 1 for the same
    Learned my lesson Callum could have been costly i was using that new head at the time

Always use the rio one's as you have GB. Never had a problem! Must admit, RM's are ding dong
    Where There's Big Un's There's Little Un's!!Hidden Content

I always use rios as well and never had a problem ,I dont like the roman moser ones at all
    SUBWAY - EAT FRESH

i've just got these loops to use a bit wary now but will probably still use them a good coating of stormsure all over the loop for extra security never had any problems with homemade loops covered in stormsure plus they're flexible as well

I use braided loops infrequently now, preferring to use albright knot/nailknot to attach butt section of heavy leader, then use riverge leader ring to taper-down lighter tip section, 40/20/15 lb, helps turnover, and gives strength where most leaders break, just below figure of 8 knot.

Trick for securing braided loop - Rio or any other, is to nailknot just below the loop eye, as well as two nailknots to hold the braid to the tip of the line, then knot-sense or aquaseal to smooth-off the finish and do the job right !

Best.

K

Default Rio Loops

I was in the shop in Preston earlier in year and they mentioned not using Rio loops anymore as too many failed............................................ ..........................

LG
    When your time is truly up, the Grim Reaper comes to smile at you.
    And all you can do in all reality, is to just smile right back at him...............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast