Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  13
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Airflo rage

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Meath
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmonaddict View Post
    I'm sure they do them in float, hover and hover/inty but not a triple density float/hover/inty Airflo rage
    They are triple density when you put sink tips on them

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Baw deep somewhere ;-D
    Posts
    2,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexterbuchanan1 View Post
    Got the AFS in 7/8 and 8/9 and agree with your findings
    In the case of your rage if you make up your own tips using old or mill end trout lines I'm sure you can come up with your own 3ds,i used t tips and 10ft tips on mine and they cope well though I stuck to waterborne casts,but if you scale down the weight and use a longer rod hay ho
    I couldn't be bothered with all that hassle to be honest. I do use Guideline triple D's in #8/9 and #9/10 f/h/I and find it a superb all round line 👍
    Last edited by salmonaddict; 14-06-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    "If in doubt, put it back"!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Baw deep somewhere ;-D
    Posts
    2,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simoncassidy View Post
    They are triple density when you put sink tips on them

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Genius
    "If in doubt, put it back"!

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simoncassidy View Post
    They are triple density when you put sink tips on them

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    2 tips = 4D!!!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmonaddict View Post
    Personally I prefer 10ft Rio Versileaders with Rage heads in float and hover/inty from 480-540 grain and is my goto setup with rods from 11'-13'6". I find the energy transfer from the aggressive Rage tip to fly a little smoother as the Versileaders are heavier. I stopped using Rage heads and use AFS above these weights as I find the Rage just too short for rods above 13'6" though as previously stated, could be used on longer rods with 14' poly's. From 450 grain and below 10' poly's work better imo 👌
    They can be a bit short on a longer rod if you are fishing off the bank or shallow wading but I find them ok when waist deep.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gods County
    Posts
    4,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman95 View Post
    They can be a bit short on a longer rod if you are fishing off the bank or shallow wading but I find them ok when waist deep.
    Hence the thinking behind longer leaders to calm the line down!.A longer leader(albeit poly. or tapered leader) will give an effective anchor to hold the line in its d/v loop formation, bear in mind the common casting fault is to give the Rage lines in general too much in the way of beans when casting just because they are a powerful line that appears to be heavy and has a rear weight bias.Once moving they have a lot of momentum!, slow them down on the loading stroke, let the loop form against it's effective anchor properly and apply a steady non too forceful up wards forward stroke, generate that forward momentum gently and steadily!, then you'll get the full benefit of a Rage line!.
    Pedro.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    I've just bought the AFTM 8/9 Kit (580 grains) for my 11ft 8/9 LPXe Switch (but also expecting to put it on a 13ft Hardy Uniqua) - I was a bit lazy because I couldn't work out where to get tips for the other stand alone lines (ie. i can only ever see the tips with a kit and not sold separately).

    It's a touch heavy - but blimey - it shoots out!

    So what I'm hearing is that I should be fine with eg. an 10 ft airflo tip on the end and don't need the kit tips. Can you also add eg. another 5 ft polyleader onto the kit tips - assume so?

    Final question, I can only see the RAGE go to 600 grains - does that mean they are only for shortish rods up to about AFTM 10? Would you use them on a 15 footer 10/11 - assume about 725-750 grains - but can't see anything that matches that?

    Also in terms of getting an inty or F/H1 - I'm sure I saw them on sale for 25 quid on ebay/maybe GAC - so I'm thinking of getting one (if someone knows the answer to the 15 footer question).

    Thanks,

    Patrick

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Meath
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickT View Post
    I've just bought the AFTM 8/9 Kit (580 grains) for my 11ft 8/9 LPXe Switch (but also expecting to put it on a 13ft Hardy Uniqua) - I was a bit lazy because I couldn't work out where to get tips for the other stand alone lines (ie. i can only ever see the tips with a kit and not sold separately).

    It's a touch heavy - but blimey - it shoots out!

    So what I'm hearing is that I should be fine with eg. an 10 ft airflo tip on the end and don't need the kit tips. Can you also add eg. another 5 ft polyleader onto the kit tips - assume so?

    Final question, I can only see the RAGE go to 600 grains - does that mean they are only for shortish rods up to about AFTM 10? Would you use them on a 15 footer 10/11 - assume about 725-750 grains - but can't see anything that matches that?

    Also in terms of getting an inty or F/H1 - I'm sure I saw them on sale for 25 quid on ebay/maybe GAC - so I'm thinking of getting one (if someone knows the answer to the 15 footer question).

    Thanks,

    Patrick
    I use a 600gr and a 660gr Rage on both my 15ft 1 Zenith and my 15ft #10/11 V2 Lpxe both are fine with 10ft polyleaders or 15ft sink tips.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gods County
    Posts
    4,505

    Default

    Dr.PatrickT, Ive the 13ft LPXe and use the 510 and 540 Rage heads on it and they flamin well fly!.Now I also use the 510 on my 8 weight Sage One switch, again it flies out.Just a query on the 580 your throwing on your 8/9 LPXe switch, you say it feels a bit heavy?,Id think it is a bit!, but what do I know if it suits you ok.
    Ive found LPXes to be at the 8 side of the 8/9 rating.
    Cheers,Pedro.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    Dr.PatrickT, Ive the 13ft LPXe and use the 510 and 540 Rage heads on it and they flamin well fly!.Now I also use the 510 on my 8 weight Sage One switch, again it flies out.Just a query on the 580 your throwing on your 8/9 LPXe switch, you say it feels a bit heavy?,Id think it is a bit!, but what do I know if it suits you ok.
    Ive found LPXes to be at the 8 side of the 8/9 rating.
    Cheers,Pedro.
    I rekon the 540 grain feels heavy on mine.

    Also hit thanks instead of quote again as tapatalk have moved the buttons about Airflo rageAirflo rageAirflo rage

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •