Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1

    Default Simms G4 Pro Wading Jacket

    To read the full SFF review click here

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Belfast, N.Ireland.
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    Superb jacket. Very pricey though.

    I stood in rain last year that was like standing in the shower and didn't get wet.

    Very light and just the right number of pockets and accessories. The sizing is also very accurate as well, in comparison to UK sizes.

    I'm nearly 6ft 3 and have the physique of a Greek God, the XL fits me perfectly.

    Find the right place in the States and save a bit of cash.
    Last edited by rrw35; 07-02-2012 at 07:39 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    I'm heading into my 4th season with the G3 jacket.

    Driza bone , so far.

    Do you feel the extra dosh for the G4 is worthwhile , Alan ?
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post

    Do you feel the extra dosh for the G4 is worthwhile , Alan ?
    I think its horses for courses Brian.

    For 50 more you get a heavier grade of material over the shoulders a few extra pockets and the underarm zipper/vent system. There are days when these would be worth 50 to me and others when they wouldnt.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Belfast, N.Ireland.
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    I'm heading into my 4th season with the G3 jacket.

    Driza bone , so far.

    Do you feel the extra dosh for the G4 is worthwhile , Alan ?
    Of course it is. For 100 extra you get a different colour and an extra pocket.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    I think its horses for courses Brian.

    For 50 more you get a heavier grade of material over the shoulders a few extra pockets and the underarm zipper/vent system. There are days when these would be worth 50 to me and others when they wouldnt.
    I certainly make full use of the pockets on the G3 when actually fishing , and the heavier grade shoulder material may ease the worry of net slings etc fraying away at the point of contact. Something others have found a problem with , but not me so far.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    STRABANE N.IRELAND
    Posts
    835

    Default

    I just bought one these today !!

    I had the old orange g4 and loved it and only sold it because i was sick of the colour . I sold it after 3 seasons and it was like new only a few abrasion marks on the inside from buckles on my waders ..

    Then I bought the patagonia ST and although i like the jacket it has never felt as good on as the Simms ..
    SUBWAY - EAT FRESH

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    by the coquet
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DEEROD View Post
    I just bought one these today !!

    I had the old orange g4 and loved it and only sold it because i was sick of the colour . I sold it after 3 seasons and it was like new only a few abrasion marks on the inside from buckles on my waders ..

    Then I bought the patagonia ST and although i like the jacket it has never felt as good on as the Simms ..
    So will there be a cheap patagonia jacket for sale?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    STRABANE N.IRELAND
    Posts
    835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Bob View Post
    So will there be a cheap patagonia jacket for sale?
    yes
    SUBWAY - EAT FRESH

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Great review Alan,
    I was looking at jackets last week and was thinking that no one seems to make a deep wading jacket. They are all waterproof, they have waterproof zips on chest pockets and then they put drain holes in them. There is no excuse for zips leaking on the handwarmer pockets. I have them on a No Limits jacket and the only time they fail is when I forget to zip them up.

    I am always wading deep at the back end and would love a jacket designed for this. The No Limits is 3 years old and the only thing I have had to do is reproof it.
    Might get a Simms if I win the lottery lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •