Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  21

Thread: A drab Bann

Default A drab Bann

First time at the vice since I tied my entry for TOTM.

Easing back into it with this very subtle variant of one of the very best Irish Shrimps ever created. The Bann Special.

This is a more duller, drab variant which uses golden olive for the rear body, burnt orange middle hackle and a front hackle of creamy badger.

It's one I've done well on in recent years and works well when the water cleans up a bit more. One tied after one of my overthinking sessions and believed that fish do not take brighter flies as well if the water is very clean. Probably complete nonsense but this pattern has done me no harm in those conditions.

img_20191127_171143-jpg
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Really nice.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That's stunning JS!0
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Very nicely tied sir 👍

Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

Quality sir

Thanks everyone!

Hopefully I won't be as long till I'm back at the vice but I won't promise anything!
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!