Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Henrick Mortensen Demo in Ireland

Hi All!

Henrick Mortensen will be holding a free fly casting demo at Clonanav Fly Fishing on the 7th of March. This amazing caster will be over for 1 day only. If you would like to attend, just send me a PM.

Default A Great day out!

[IMG][/IMG]I had a great day over at Clonanav Fly Fishing Centre on Saturday despite the cold weather the show Henrick Mortensen put on with his new Zpey Instinct rods was amazing.
    When the first zpey rods were launched a few years back I was very sceptical with my traditional Scottish style of spey casting (if it's not broken don't fix it.) for year I have used heavy DT full sink lines with no problems, so when Henrick set me up with his zpey Instinct with his WF line I instantly thought, yes I could fish this set up, it's many times easier than my own set up.
    The only down side to this style is the amount of running line that has to be handled that can snag on the bankside vegetation, but Henrick did show me the way he deals with that.
    If any the forum members get a chance to go and see Henrick you will be in for a treat , he is very forthcoming with his knowledge and so approachable.
    PS. A big thank to Andrew Ryan and all his staff at Clonanav Fly Fishing
    from all the lads from the Nore.

pps. Andrew I still haven't told my wife about the new Vosseler S3.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Any aficionados will notice that the lower handle has evolved ,not for the appearance "but" (no pun intended) to fine tune the ergonomics .
    this part of the rod is covered by patent.
    The big question ,would I like a ZPEY ?: YES.
    Would I buy one?:NO ,(she would divorce me again
    Tight lines,
    25lbs

Hidden Content

Thanks for posting this, any other opinions on the Z pey outfits? How do they cast when you go off plane, as in a snake roll?

Quote Originally Posted by rrw35 View Post
    Thanks for posting this, any other opinions on the Z pey outfits? How do they cast when you go off plane, as in a snake roll?
    HI rrw35 ,Henrick did talk about this . The flat on the new lower handle if held with your thumb on the flat will overcome any torquing or twisting of the spline/spine on the rod. I only used the rod with the single spey and found it very progressive with a full through action(sweet)
    Tight lines,
    25lbs

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rrw35 View Post
    this is no longer an issue as the handle on the Mortensen designed rods is less extreme than the first addition. I was impressed with these rods.
    cheers
    Keith