Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  602
Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Default Dawros and Kylemore

With the new season upon us and PFM awakening from his winter hibernation here's to a bumper season in Connemara.
    With a bit of luck I might beat last years humble total of 2 but to tell you the truth one will do.

Odds for first fish: Lord Irwin - evens
    PFM- 2/1
    Seamus 7/2
    Geoffrey 5/1
    KK 100/1

Looking forward to it myself too as we had great sport in early May and June last year so its not as far away as you think.

How was opening day Nigel?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylemore Killer View Post
    How was opening day Nigel?
    I was the only one out. Three well mended kelts >6lb. Two cocks one hen. I only tried the Upper Pools and Rock.

Good luck for 2013 Nigel!!
    Euro 2016 - Northern Ireland 2 Ukraine 0 - I was there!Hidden Content

Hi Nigel,

Anything stirring out your way?

Hi Nigel,

Anything stirring out your way?
    Nothingyet. Fish have been seen in the estuary but at this time of the year they are likley to be kelts waiting to have themselves recorded into a log book.

With the new season upon us and PFM awakening from his winter hibernation here's to a bumper season in Connemara.
    With a bit of luck I might beat last years humble total of 2 but to tell you the truth one will do.

Odds for first fish: Lord Irwin - evens
    PFM- 2/1
    Seamus 7/2
    Geoffrey 5/1
    KK 100/1
    The river got a well needed top-up last night.
    After five weeks without rain the water was so dirty you would not wash slurry tank in it. Never seen it so dirty.
    However it soon clears and the odds could be on for either myself or Fitzjohn tomorrow providing we get a bit more rain overnight to keep it fishable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Rush View Post
    The river got a well needed top-up last night.
    After five weeks without rain the water was so dirty you would not wash slurry tank in it. Never seen it so dirty.
    However it soon clears and the odds could be on for either myself or Fitzjohn tomorrow providing we get a bit more rain overnight to keep it fishable.
    Please keep Fitzjohn away from the river until I get there . He has a nasty habit of catching fish with that black Shrimpy Kylemore Killer thingy... Or maybe its his charm ...either way , please dont let him catch the first springer...please please
    Last edited by BOND; 08-03-2013 at 10:15 PM.

We are looking at a flood for the weekend. This will be the first clean flood for about seven weeks.
    Some dodgy anglers out over the weekend so hopefully............. fish????
    Very cold at the moment... fish deep and slow. Talked with the guy that looks after the counter and about a dozen fish up so far, kelts still on the way down. Generally they have gone by the end of March>Mid April but some years they are still caught in June?

Tight lines.

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast