Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  649
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Rush View Post
    May has been the opposite of a washout...no water whatsoever until yesterday and then too much!

Great sightings of fish passing through the Rock Pool yesterday. One shoal of nine fish and another of seven in the short period of watching. Seamus O'Neil hooked and lost two fish yesterday and plenty of other sightings but rising water knobbled any attempts to entice fish to the river bank.

However... I have just landed my first fish of the year, a nine and a half pounder from the Rock Pool.

Enough water for the next week looking at the forecasts.
    Are there any websites showing river levels in your part of the world?
    I am fishing at Ballynahinch towards the end of June and wondered if I can check on conditions before I go.

Quote Originally Posted by galway1 View Post
    Make sure you stock the river for me and you leave the taps running to keep the water levels up.

Schools out for summer!!!!!!
    God help us!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    I am fishing at Ballynahinch towards the end of June and wondered if I can check on conditions before I go.
    Not that I know of. B'Hinch is a low water fishery so don't pray for too much rain! You can always call over to us!

Red face Commercial Mind

Not that I know of. B'Hinch is a low water fishery so don't pray for too much rain! You can always call over to us!
    Great commercial, Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    This website has water levels, although not of the Kylemore specifically. It has the Erriff which is a god guide to that area.

Realtime waterlevel

Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    This website has water levels, although not of the Kylemore specifically. It has the Erriff which is a god guide to that area.

Realtime waterlevel

Oscar.
    Remember what happened to the bridge in Leenane!!!!!!!!!! and it did not even rain in Kylemore that day some seven miles away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember what happened to the bridge in Leenane!!!!!!!!!! and it did not even rain in Kylemore that day some seven miles away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow, I don't remember that!

And I did say 'guide'!

Oscar.

Default Nancy.

Kylemore Abbey Fishery sadly reports the passing of Nancy Naughton who was the custodian of the Kylemore House waters of the Kylemore Lough. Nancy will be sadly missed and our feelings and thoughts go out to her relatives and friends.

Kylemore Abbey Fishery will be closed to further bookings as a mark of respect until Sunday.

Nancy. RIP.

With the grilse run underway, Ian Ferris landed his first Kylemore grilse of the year this morning in Tullywee Bridge Pool. At four pound in weight it fell to a Black Shrimp.
    Water levels are very low at the moment and the heat wave we are experiencing are not making conditions great for the few anglers we have.
    We now have 30 fish for the year so far which is exactly 10 fish behind this time last year. However the first fifteen days of last July did not produce a single fish and catch up should be just around the corner.
    Attachment 37642

How’s conditions looking at the minute Nigel?

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast