Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  602
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshrimp View Post
    Alice McMahon Fitzjohn caught and landed her first salmon today on the Castle Lake. A 3.5lb grilse caught on a Dry'ish Scott Daddy Long Legs at the inflow in very high water.
    Guided by her very proud dad!
    Photos to follow.
    4lbs and in the freezer.

Well done Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Rush View Post
    Got the results back today from Paddy Gargon from scales I gave him from the monster 20lb1oz salmon.
    I thought it was 19lb 12oz? Or was it re-weighed? Not that it matters, still an amazing fish!

Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I thought it was 19lb 12oz? Or was it re-weighed? Not that it matters, still an amazing fish!

Oscar.
    After it was caught I had it weighed on the scales inside the Abbey kitchens at 20lb1oz but by the time the day had past and I took it to the local shop to be weighed, it weighed in at 19lb12oz...blood and fluid loss over the day had taken it's toll!
    Just had a couple of slices of it for lunch...smoked.

Default First salmon for Alice.

First salmon for Alice Fitzjohn... daughter of the legendary Geoffrey Fitzjohn with her first ever salmon from the Castle Lake taken on a dry Daddy.

alice-jpg

Well done Alice.

In years she will make her husband very happy- a young lady who catches salmon, always my dream....

Quote Originally Posted by berndi View Post
    In years she will make her husband very happy- a young lady who catches salmon, always my dream....
    And you could drag her, kicking and screaming, from the river bank by her long flowing locks to your kitchen so she could cook it for you, as her loving husband!

Great to see that we are open again next season with an increased quota... not that we ever get close to filling it.
    Sadly the Clifden river bites the dust, getting relegated to C+R.

Wild Salmon and Sea Trout Tagging Scheme Regulations 2018 and Conservation Measures for the 2019 Season

Overall, the total allowable catch for this area has been reduced by 27% on last years quotas.
    Last edited by Nigel Rush; 14-11-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465