Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  649
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshrimp View Post
    I assume that the mermaid got stranded due to the low tide as well!
    Went out the next day and got a further 16 scallops but no mermaid. Sick of scallops now... I can wait until same time next year. Time to concentrate on salmon!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Rush View Post
    Went out the next day and got a further 16 scallops but no mermaid. Sick of scallops now... I can wait until same time next year. Time to concentrate on salmon!
    That would be the right job .... the few wallops

Default 365 days after last year's 1st fish...

The first fish of our 2018 season has been landed 30 mins ago.

At 8.25lbs it was caught by Geoffrey Fitzjohn from Tullywee Bridge Pool on a size 10 Black Shrimp.

The fish was caught by the same angler, on the same fly, from the same pool, at the same time of the day on the same day as the first fish was caught last year and weighed in at 8.25lbs which was the same weight as the first fish last year!

I'll follow up with photos later.

Default same fish?

At 8.25lbs it was caught by Geoffrey Fitzjohn from Tullywee Bridge Pool on a size 10 Black Shrimp.

The fish was caught by the same angler, on the same fly, from the same pool, at the same time of the day on the same day as the first fish was caught last year and weighed in at 8.25lbs which was the same weight as the first fish last year!

could it have been the same fish?
    "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." óGeorge W Bush, Sept. 29 2000.

Spooky.

dsc00051-2-jpg

Geoffrey with the first fish caught a couple of hours ago.
    8.25lbs. Tullywee Bridge Pool.

dsc00051-2-jpg

From another prospective.
    Attached Images Attached Images dsc00045-jpg 
    Last edited by Nigel Rush; 15-03-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fiery brown View Post
    could it have been the same fish?
    On a size 8 Black Shrimp for the record.
    No fish would have survived for 366 days in PMR's deep freeze without being smoked!
    Unfortunately the PMR did not have his wellies on, if indeed he possesses a pair, which would have enabled the fish to be landed sooner,before it woke up and did another hair raising circuit of the pool, knowing full well that it was lightly hooked or maybe it was the PMR getting his own back for having the temerity of catching the first fish (again)!

No fish would have survived for 366 days in PMR's deep freeze without being smoked!
    Unfortunately the PMR did not have his wellies on, if indeed he possesses a pair, which would have enabled the fish to be landed sooner,before it woke up and did another hair raising circuit of the pool, knowing full well that it was lightly hooked or maybe it was the PMR getting his own back for having the temerity of catching the first fish (again)!
    It's PFM... professional fishery manager. Not PMR whatever that stands for. Guess I've left myself open to suggestions!

It's PFM... professional fishery manager. Not PMR whatever that stands for. Guess I've left myself open to suggestions!
    Bit like my wife once a month. Pre Menstrual Retard?

At least it was landed. Better safe than sorry!

Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast