Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  602
Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Rush View Post
    It's five weeks now without a drop of rain and as you would imagine the water levels are very low. Sadly there are a few sea trout entering which look like they are quite heavily covered in lice.
    Looks like there will not be much rain for another week at least which will leave the river the lowest I've ever seen it...it's not far off that now.
    Still, we have had a chance to get rid of the four trees that were down over the river through the Meadow Run on the Upper River.

Attachment 19955

And the finished job.

Attachment 19956
    Well at least you didn't get your shoes wet when you were crossing the river to cut the trees!!

The benefit of low water.

Seamus O'Neill Guest

Quote Originally Posted by galway1 View Post
    Well at least you didn't get your shoes wet when you were crossing the river to cut the trees!!

The benefit of low water.
    That's correct Galway1 . Nigel was normally confined by attire to Tullywee and Derryenver but now he can fish the entire river in his hushpuppies.

Only thing is now he won't put the same kind of effort into his rain dance now that he can fish everywhere in the plus fours and brogues.

Someone else needs to step up to try and call in some water!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by galway1 View Post
    Only thing is now he won't put the same kind of effort into his rain dance now that he can fish everywhere in the plus fours and brogues.

Someone else needs to step up to try and call in some water!!!!
    I think you are mixing up Ballynahinch with Kylemore?

Default Rain forecast?

The forecasts that we have been reading are not fruiting.
    I feel that the potential for rain has gone. At least, any beneficial rain. We are entering our seventh week of no rain.

This is the lowest I've seen the river.

dsc00112-jpg

Default 1 inch coming your way in three days

yr-long-term-forecast-leenane-connacht-ireland-jpg

Costello and Fermoyle Fishery, Casla, Co Galway

Well thats quite enough of all the "glorious sunshine" fires etc. Agreed, looks like we're in for a good drop Sun night/Mon.

Quote Originally Posted by dickmaguire View Post
    yr-long-term-forecast-leenane-connacht-ireland-jpg
    1 inch unfortunately will only soak into the ground and will not make an impression at all. In fact if you looked at the same weather forecast four days ago... it was adding up to three inches but it has slid off in another direction. we could end up with a few more weeks drought.

I see the country needs up to 50mm just to soak the dry soil before we see much of a run off into our rivers...
    Soil Moisture Deficits

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carter View Post
    I see the country needs up to 50mm just to soak the dry soil before we see much of a run off into our rivers...
    Soil Moisture Deficits
    Exactly Ian... that's two inches of it gone already!

Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast