Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  602
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Hi Nigel, Anything happening out that way at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylemore Killer View Post
    Hi Nigel, Anything happening out that way at all?
    Not a great deal on the salmon front. Not seeing any fresh fish and we have now broken the 70 barrier with 71 fish in the book for the season so far.
    Sea trout fishing is great when the wind conditions on the lake allows.
    We will keep the Castle and Middle lakes open until the 12 October for the brown trout fishing.

Default Brownies are great!

Well... just two days left for the salmon fishing. We are stuck at a pitiful 71 fish and last day is Friday.

I will be keeping the Castle and Middle Lakes open until the 12th October for the Brownies and of course the odd sea trout might be caught. Another 12 days of C+R will not make too much difference but an extra 12 days of fishing may suit some people.

Look forward to seeing you over the last two weeks of the season.

The season kicked off today with a couple of brave anglers out for a couple of hours each.
    Just kelts to report one angler landing three another five. One of them in double figures.
    Bit early for us yet but you never know!
    Hopefully, given that 2013 was a cracking year...their offspring will return in good numbers this year. They had a good start as smolts last spring, as the bay was free of sea lice due to the fish farm having been fallowed for the year?

Tight lines for the season ahead Nigel! Saw plenty anglers on the Lee when I was passing earlier, haven't heard of anything from anywhere yet though. Still, can't wait for the Bandon opening on the 15th!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Rush View Post
    The season kicked off today with a couple of brave anglers out for a couple of hours each.
    Just kelts to report one angler landing three another five. One of them in double figures.
    Bit early for us yet but you never know!
    Hopefully, given that 2013 was a cracking year...their offspring will return in good numbers this year. They had a good start as smolts last spring, as the bay was free of sea lice due to the fish farm having been fallowed for the year?
    The first fish of the season may be off the Dawros or Casla yet at this rate! Bit like me, waiting for the better weather!
    Well done to the hardy souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshrimp View Post
    The first fish of the season may be off the Dawros or Casla yet at this rate! Bit like me, waiting for the better weather!
    Well done to the hardy souls.
    Understandable at your age

Good luck for the new season Nigel!
    Euro 2016 - Northern Ireland 2 Ukraine 0 - I was there!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BOND View Post
    Understandable at your age
    Thanks Bond, whoever you are, I suppose the B could stand for Ballinahinch and the D for Dawros but the initials O & N defeat me, other than they appear in other 'noms de guerre'.
    I have been out to have a cast on the Casla although really a month too early and will ask his Grace if I can have a go on the Dawros this weekend!
    Tight Lines.

salmosalar1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshrimp View Post
    Thanks Bond, whoever you are, I suppose the B could stand for Ballinahinch and the D for Dawros but the initials O & N defeat me, other than they appear in other 'noms de guerre'.
    I have been out to have a cast on the Casla although really a month too early and will ask his Grace if I can have a go on the Dawros this weekend!
    Tight Lines.
    Must be nice to have contacts on the inside. Is Giles still the manager up there ? Or has some
    young Kidd on the block taken over ?

Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast