Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  649
Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

That car park look a good throw for a fish . Can see one lying there down stream from the ticket hut!!

We have made the centuary. Well... James Barry landed the 100th fish today from the Upper River at 4lb on a Park Shrimp.
    James was accompanied by Jason Nash of Bandon angling fame who was the winner of my 'Predict and Win thread last september.

The river is in great order at the moment now that last sundays deleuge has now subsided.

Dawros and Kylemore, what a fishery! Gem of a river in an absolutely stunning location. Thoroughly enjoyed our day searching out the many runs and pools. Brilliant little river, love getting to grip with these small streams. Flicking flies here and there, with the condition the river was in yesterday, you really do expect a pull at any second. Learnt heaps and can't wait to get up another time again. Big thanks to Nigel for all his help and guidance, a genuine gentleman who affords the fishery the utmost of care and attention. Here is the century fish, which took James Barry's Park Shrimp conehead fly.

img_4353-jpg

Thanks Reddie for the kind words and post. It was great to meet you.
    Just when we thought that conditions would come right for the next few days, the heavens opened again last night and brought up the water once again to 4'6'' on the gauge leaving us un-fishable!
    The river this lunchtime was again unuseually coloured...all coming from the Addergoole River where, obviously something major has happened after last Sundays deluge. The eye of the bridge (new bridge) is now totally blocked with laurells and their root balls attached. More floods to come. A divertion culvert is the only answer... try telling that to the engineers... over to you KK!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you send some rain to the north of Scotland, Tweed, Don, Deveron, etc and stop hogging it all? You've been at it all summer!

I shall submit a strongly worded letter to the relevant useless clown. So we should see some action within the next 20 years or so!!

Seamus O'Neill Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kylemore Killer View Post
    I shall submit a strongly worded letter to the relevant useless clown. So we should see some action within the next 20 years or so!!
    It was obvious even to me that from day one someone was holding the engineering drawing up side down. Even in Low water there was max 2ft between the bridge and the river bed. Some red faces within the OPW I would imagine and rightly so

Seamus O'Neill Guest

Was joined by not 1 but 4 other anglers on Lavell's Pool yesterday.
    "There's More To Fishing Than Catching Fish"
    https://www.facebook.com/Seamus.Salm...61720375056532

Explains why I did not catch or indeed see a fish in Lavelles on Saturday afternoon. You could have saved me a walk and I could have rowed you around the Castle lake instead!

Wink

If I had known that I would have given you the job of rowing him around the lake and not me. I would have enjoyed the walk. All I heard was row left, row right, go over to that rise, go in closer to shore, pull us out a few strokes, hold me over that shallow, untangle my flies etc etc etc

Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast