Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  602
Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Well... we are now at 94 Salmon for the year so far, against 79 for the total last year.
    It has been a total contrast from last year's 'no water' to this year's 'deleuge'.
    It's been hard to visualize what has come into the system this year and there is no point in asking the IFI for information regarding the salmon counter as they feel it is their information only...although it has been paid for by every angler that has bought a licence. Shame on them.
    Great fishing for those that target the Sea Trout on the lakes when the conditions suit and thats where you will find me when I get the chance. The 'daddy' is up, and great results with dapping crickits.

salmosalar1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Rush View Post
    Well... we are now at 94 Salmon for the year so far, against 79 for the total last year.
    It has been a total contrast from last year's 'no water' to this year's 'deleuge'.
    It's been hard to visualize what has come into the system this year and there is no point in asking the IFI for information regarding the salmon counter as they feel it is their information only...although it has been paid for by every angler that has bought a licence. Shame on them.
    Great fishing for those that target the Sea Trout on the lakes when the conditions suit and thats where you will find me when I get the chance. The 'daddy' is up, and great results with dapping crickits.
    In relation to your comment regarding IFI. There are a number of possibilities - 1 The counter isn't working ( like most counters in the country) or 2 they are taking the approach that - if they ( the Anglers) don't know the figures then they cant dispute them . Very surprised with the local lads in Connemara , I met them on many occasions and they all seem to be decent guys. Then there is always 'the one' who is on a power trip !!

Folan... Spellacy and O'Neil... Your fish are salted and will be smoked by Wednesday evening.
    Yum.

Seamus O'Neill Guest

Folan... Spellacy and O'Neil... Your fish are salted and will be smoked by Wednesday evening.
    Yum.
    I'll organise Brinks Allied to collect it. Don't open the door to anyone who doesn't have ID.

Default Big floods.

Possibly the biggest flood I've seen in my time knowing Kylemore was to greet us this morning. Another nights rain on top of Fridays deluge even clossed the doors to Kylemore Abbey and Gardens. The car parks were flooded, the roads either side of Kylemore closed due to flooding and at some stage in the early hours of the morning, the water was flowing over one foot over the lower Derryinver Bridge!
    One fish caught yesterday brought our total to 99 but it will be a few days before fish in the river will settle down...if they haven't been sent scurrying back to sea!
    dsc00079-jpgdsc00063-jpgdsc00058-jpgdsc00050-jpgdsc00067-jpg

For those of you that do not recognise some of the photos the first one is the Canal Turn on the Lower River. No 2 is the eye of the old bridge at Derryinver( note the way the prior height of the water has flattened the grass on top of the bridge as the water poured over the bridge0. No3 is Thorntons on the Middle River, No 4 the ticket cabin next to the Castle Lake and finally Lavelles pools on the Lower River. It was a terible days for taking photographs combined with a ***** camera so sorry about the poor quality.
    The two photos attached are of the Upper Lake spilling out onto the main road and the Rock Pool where the water was flowing over the bridge at the tail of the pool.
    dsc00055-jpgdsc00073-jpg

Seamus O'Neill Guest

Smile

For those of you that do not recognise some of the photos the first one is the Canal Turn on the Lower River. No 2 is the eye of the old bridge at Derryinver( note the way the prior height of the water has flattened the grass on top of the bridge as the water poured over the bridge0. No3 is Thorntons on the Middle River, No 4 the ticket cabin next to the Castle Lake and finally Lavelles pools on the Lower River. It was a terible days for taking photographs combined with a ***** camera so sorry about the poor quality.
    The two photos attached are of the Upper Lake spilling out onto the main road and the Rock Pool where the water was flowing over the bridge at the tail of the pool.
    dsc00055-jpgdsc00073-jpg
    Damp looking alright. Dust wont be a problem for a while so.

Canal doesn't look too bad. Be grand with a copper tube and a sinking line!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylemore Killer View Post
    Canal doesn't look too bad. Be grand with a copper tube and a sinking line!
    First try getting to the Canal Turn. I climbed a rock face just to take a shot!

any wather?

Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast