Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  649
Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Did they get anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylemore Killer View Post
    Did they get anything?
    No... I don't think they were there long enough before they were rumbled!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Rush View Post
    Big, big water at the moment. Fish are evident in numbers but not in size! Mainly 3-4lb'rs.
    Not many angling as conditions have been far from suitable to allow anglers near the river.
    We have had five fish since Sunday for as many rod days for the week so far.

A word of warning... two angler's who deemed it prudent to fish the river this afternoon with spinning tackle had their tackle confiscated by IFI and were each fined for not having their licences on them at the time and for fishing other than fly on a fly only 'bye lawed' water got on the spot fines of 300.00 each. Well done IFI.
    I came on them after the event and not realizing who I was, told me that they did not know that it was fly only water or they needed permits... all after walking passed four signs that clearly stated 'Fly Fishing Only and By Permit Onlt'. Be warned.
    The same guy told me that it would be impossible to catch fish on the fly in water this big. Well three fish were caught this morning when the river was 1Ft higher than it was this afternoon!

Hopefully a few fish will be caught when the river settles down over then next few days.
    I says it time after time, it is them spinners and bait fishermen that create the problems all the time and donts show respect for anyone. Good they were caught.

Caviar if you can't make a constructive comment don't bother. There is a time and a place for spinning and bait but a fly only river is not it.

Caviar if you can't make a constructive comment don't bother. There is a time and a place for spinning and bait but a fly only river is not it.
    Who is says that all rivers should be fly only. Not me. But I sais that if it is, it should be respected by baiters for being so and if theys dont then they should not be respected themselves.

Lets not go down THAT road again. Its quite simple - There is no place for spinners and baits. Its fly only or get yourself some golf clubs and leave the fishing to the professionals.

Yes guys, Kylemore is fly only but on rivers where you can use any method then there is a place for spinning and bait!!!!!!!!!

Professional fishermen eh! I guess there won't be too many of us welcome on the rivers in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by caviar View Post
    Who is says that all rivers should be fly only. Not me. But I sais that if it is, it should be respected by baiters for being so and if theys dont then they should not be respected themselves.
    It's not often that I agree with 'caviar' in fact never, but respect should be given if the law dictates and in my experience with manageing this fishery, 99% of infringements with regard to anglers that get caught on this fishery who have no permits or show no regard to rules of the fishery, have a spinning rod in their hands whether bait fishing or spinning. Only twice in 15 years of looking after this fishery have I encounterd fly anglers that should not have been where they where when they were caught. Only one of these two became obnoxcious and maggoty... generally the guys with the spinning/bait rods, become nasty within the first few seconds of being caught. Sorry but this seems to be the norm when they caught in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by woodcock1 View Post
    Professional fishermen eh! I guess there won't be too many of us welcome on the rivers in your area.
    Sorry ! I was just taking the Pi** and trying to wind up Kylemore Killer.
    I fish all methods but find fly fishing more satisfying when I do catch a fish.

Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast