Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  121
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: The River Bush

Quote Originally Posted by piper89 View Post
    Can anybody confirm if this is a better year????not seeing any reports and I wouldn't mind a run up...
    I have obtained river bann statistics. This is virtually the poorest season on record and the Bush will be the same.

"PORTNA COUNTER L . Bann as at 12 30 pm lunchtime on Thurs 17 th Aug 2017. Running total now 7,818. Counter figures courtesy Salmon Research Station Bushmills.

Running total at that time last year (2016) , on Frid 19th Aug 2016 was 14,310."

And the most recent figures

"11 30am Thurs 7th Sept 2017. Running totai now 8,111 (includes only 51 salmon since last update on Frid 1st Sept."

So there's 8,111 fish so far to sustain the whole Lough Neagh/upper bann system.....and the honourable Irish society bailiffs are spending their time hiding in bushes, trying to catch an angler using barbed hooks or mercy killing a fish, or otherwise, while widespread poaching continues in the lough.
    Last edited by hurricane; 08-09-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    Tell me the legends of long ago, when the kings and queens would dance in the realm of the black rose - Roisin Dubh

The bush had a decent spring run this year. And the grilse are still coming into the river. In my opinion the bush grilse are about 3 weeks later this season. This time last year all that was knocking about in the lower stretches were coloured fish. This season it's sea lice small grilse had 6 last week all fresh and saw plenty moving up, think it was 4 thousand odd for the season last year which is a very good year for bush. This year it will hopefully creep up to around over 2 thousand mark. As for the agivey never seen it as bad it's like a mission to even see a fish turn. The wee agivey is getting them so I will be putting most of my efforts into it. I don't put much faith into the bann counter.

Default Bush Numbers so far this season

Up until 12th September, 1,263 salmon have been through the traps.

O dear a bit to go then before the get anywhere near 2000. Think my dad now has 14 fish out of it this year and it's his first season salmon fishing. He was more of a trout man. He's doing well putting me under pressure have a few to get to catch up with him

Over from Scotland for a few days and thinks my of giving the bush a go. Anybody got any update on how itís fishing? Also, advice on whether to go for town, new or leap beat would be much appreciated. Cheers!

My advice don't bother, possibly chance a day ticket on the Roe similar money nicer surroundings chance of a late fish.

Recently moved to within a stones throw of the bush is it worth a throw for salmon or trout ? Any spots worth going to reading the signs as long as you have a rod license you can fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfire View Post
    Recently moved to within a stones throw of the bush is it worth a throw for salmon or trout ? Any spots worth going to reading the signs as long as you have a rod license you can fish.
    Angling on River Bush - day ticket stretches | nidirect

Angling on River Bush - non day ticket stretches | nidirect

I've never fished the river myself but you should find some information on the links above.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536