Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  878
Page 160 of 162 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1612

Thread: The River Moy

I'm thinking of heading tomorrow, just up and down on the the day to suss it all out, license etc...the forecast is extremely windy though so I don't know if I'll be wasting my time or not. Wont get another chance until after Easter!

Heading over to fish the Moy for the first time this week on the East Mayo water. Wanting to focus on the fly only stretch between the Gub and Gerraghtys. Would anyone have any advice? Also where would be the best place to park to fish this stretch? I sent an email to them but havnt heard anything back as of yet. Thanks in advance!
    He who dies with the most casts wins.

Best of luck it is a lovely stretch.

Several options.

1 is to park at the Gub and wade the Gweestion and then fish back down.

Other option is to park up at the various pools. It is a huge distance from Gerraghtys down to the Gub - so I would pick pools along the way depending on if you have any water.

There is parking on the grass verges at Gerraghtys and at various points along the river back towards the Gub.

Your best bet is to have a chat with Jimmy or any of the keepers when you arrive and they will show you on a map where the best place to park.

One of them is normally parked on Ballylahan Bridge before 8am - so you can pull up and have a chat.

Tight lines,

PAC

You can buy a map of the river at the office in Swinford where you can see all the pools and parking facilities.

Further to last message.

Here is a link of fishery map with parking indicated
    East Mayo Anglers' Fishery | River Moy | Salmon Fishing

Water levels look low.

My advice if there is no water would be to concentrate from Gub down river.

Then drive down to Howleys and wade and fish far bank down.

Tight lines

PAC

Planning to go down to East Mayo this weekend myself. The forecast isn't looking good though, with little rain and plenty of sun forecast! It wasn't forecasting this a few days ago

It's now saying 21mm forecast for tomorrow. If this falls, we are in for a good weekend

Default lower Moy

Anyone fishing Moy below Foxford? Im familiar with upper river but want catch 1 with prawn this season. Where to go? How is the river fishing this year? See some pictures on Tiernans FB page most of days but no details where and what on they are caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Prezmek View Post
    Anyone fishing Moy below Foxford? Im familiar with upper river but want catch 1 with prawn this season. Where to go? How is the river fishing this year? See some pictures on Tiernans FB page most of days but no details where and what on they are caught.
    You can fish the prawn on Gannons. Donít fish it myself but see them doing it on this fishery. Tickets from post office in Foxford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Getoffthepot View Post
    You can fish the prawn on Gannons. Donít fish it myself but see them doing it on this fishery. Tickets from post office in Foxford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Prezmek View Post
    Hi! You can fish the Prawn on the Foxford Fisherys, Gannons, Rinnany, Amstrongs, Byrns, Coolcronan,Attymass. Upstream Bakers only. Good advice at Tiarnans in Foxford. To get help from a local guide is worth the money.