Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  574
Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1298

Default nice water

Quote Originally Posted by suirspey View Post
    Fine fish..here's hoping it's the start of a good season

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Water still about 6 and nice for fly although very bright today. A few fish caught at weekend and at least one today so all positive so far.Hope for more rain next week to keep topped up.Such a great wee river for a day out and lovely people with the chance of a fish.

I might get a chance to fish here this Saturday for a few hours. I see itís high and there is some more rain to come. What water height (on what gauge) should I be looking for? And can I spin?

If you look up waterlevel.ie River Drowes Four Masters Bridge (ref:35029 ) you can see the river height. It is currently at 0.885 which is very high. I like it around 0.6 to 0.7 this time of year. However if there isnt too much more rain it should have dropped to a more reasonable level by the weekend. The Drowes has an advantage in that it does not tend to colour up much even in high water, although you can sometimes get a stain in the lower river from fields draining after heavy rain. All methods are allowed on the river so you can certainly spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carter View Post
    I might get a chance to fish here this Saturday for a few hours. I see itís high and there is some more rain to come. What water height (on what gauge) should I be looking for? And can I spin?
    You should fish and try your luck ! Even in very high water there is always a chance to catch a fish in the Drowes in March.

Anyone heading up on Wednesday would it be busy on the river for the 1st was half thinking of heading up that far but never fished d river before

The river is in good order for the opening day ..best of luck to all who cast a line ...the opening day on the drowes is a nice reminder to the rest of us that the new season is not to far off ......really looking forward to the 2020 fishing season ...

Good luck to all, with mild weather and little rain predicted over the next ten days, the first fish of the year has to be a banker id think.

Tightlines.
    Last edited by GeeBee; 01-01-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Any reports of any fish

Quote Originally Posted by Al1978 View Post
    Any reports of any fish
    Read no springers caught but a few fresh fish seen. Lower turn out then usual. Very nice conditions. Good few kelts caught.

Didn't hear of any fresh one's caught today. Still it was lovely to get out in decent weather and blow the cobwebs off. Won't be to long in them conditions before a springer is caught.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk