Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  82
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Have to go in and have a look I'm only 2 miles away here in Belfast - I emailed the Irish Specimen Committee about their top 15 salmon but haven't heard back - the 32lb Nore Salmon from a few years back was number 15. One of the Irish fish in Fred Buller's book is a 51lb salmon netted from the Bandon from what seems to be the mid-late 40's - a beast of a male fish - great photo too of everyone lined up for the camera looks like a scene out of Ryan's Daughter - Buller also mentions a 35 lb Bandon salmon on the wall of the Spaniards Inn in Kinsale - anyone know of any other 35 lb+ Bandon salmon?
    Last edited by tmca; 03-08-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Meant to say any other big fish from the Nore or any other rivers for that matter?

Ill be around kinsale next week,il try and find out for you. The father witnessed a fish of 36lbs caught before in 50/60's by a lady anglers on the bandon. Dont know of anymore caught myself though. Also,have a feeling that a 35pounder was caught by a young lad about 10years ago on the Lee. Email k-spey about this,he may know. I've also heard of a fish of 40lbs caught on the Argideen a long time ago,not sure where you could verify this though
    Last edited by reddie; 21-03-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Cheers for this - there seems to be lots of these fish out there that only local anglers ever hear about. Consistently it seems to be the Shannon (pre 40's) and the 3 sisters especially the Suir & Nore that seem to get the bigger 3 & 4 sea winter salmon, though a lot of other rivers seem to get them occasionally too.

there was 1 netted in the lennon a couple off years ago. it was in the local paper think it was in the mid 30pounds. picture and all massive thing

Quote Originally Posted by fiery brown View Post
    no, there was a fish of some 33lbs taken from the Foyle at Lifford.
    correct, patsy mc hugh

http://www.salmon-ireland.com/images...-blog/33-5.jpg

I remember seeing a large Salmon(30+) in a newspaper that was netted around the Galway estuary, would have been around 10 to 15yrs ago

not 35lb but 19

Default Big Irish Salmon

Great read lads,
    Wasnt the Boyne famous for the odd big fish?
    I might be getting my lines crossed with big trout!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I know there have been some 35lb+ fish from the Boyne - can anyone fill us in?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast