Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Its yet another year of ****. International year of the salmon and they did FA.

There's one river that wont open to May but will be slaughtered from Jan onwards. Not a single lad lifted. Free for all. Multiple spring fish killed in Jan, Feb, March, and April.

I spoke to the local IFI lad about this to be told, if they lift them they'll be right back out with a few euro fine so he has lost all motivation

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE View Post

There's one river that wont open to May but will be slaughtered from Jan onwards. Not a single lad lifted. Free for all. Multiple spring fish killed in Jan, Feb, March, and April.

I spoke to the local IFI lad about this to be told, if they lift them they'll be right back out with a few euro fine so he has lost all motivation
    Could be the same river that a boy told me he fishes for salmon with trout flies. If you fish for salmon you need a license. If you have a license then you targeting salmon. If you're fishing for trout, you catch all the salmon you want and it costs nothing. It is only catch and release for anyone with a licence.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing. Not an isolated incident either by all accounts.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE View Post

There is only one way to get this changed and that is a major flow of letters during the consultation pointing out that the only defence against this is legitimate anglers on the bank and referring to the levelof paoching. We got nearly 200 letters in a couple of years ago and did get a change.
    Also support your local IFI men wherever possible, chase head and regional office office and local politicians. There is an election coming up inthe next 6 month now is the time to really push the issue, get meetings with local TD's and where possible local ministers -get them involved and put pressure on the minister. We have PR elections a few dozen votes won or lost can make all the difference.