Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nore 2019

Default Nore 2019

I have just signed up for membership on the Mount Juliet section of the Nore (my first ever membership). Fished it yesterday. Water seemed good, clear and not too high. 53cm on the MJ gauge. Iv made a video for anyone interested in fishing here.

No positive reports yet of fish being caught. Spoke with a couple of people on the river yesterday. Has anyone any info? Or when should I expect to see some salmon arrive?

May is when I really start fishing on the Nore. Can be a great month. Average fish would be 12lb plus.

Any notice in the weekend national papers the reports of the sewage release into the nore last summer ...serious quantities of you know what released into the river and giving last year's drought would have ended up in the nore suir barrow estuary...

Quote Originally Posted by nore fly View Post
    Any notice in the weekend national papers the reports of the sewage release into the nore last summer ...serious quantities of you know what released into the river and giving last year's drought would have ended up in the nore suir barrow estuary...
    I didnt see anything, was it a farming thing or county council issue? I remember my local river the Owenavorragh was destroyed when I was very young. It was was full of floating fish belly up after a farmer had dumped silage into the river.

In the Sunday Times...and it's pollution from are regular contributer to pollution in the river ...council ..

20190506_125150-jpg

Nice big net hanging in the river downstream of brownsbarn....(freshwater)...the ifi have been notified ....
    Last edited by nore fly; 10-05-2019 at 02:37 PM.

That looks more like some old silage bale wrap than a net.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogwoppit View Post
    That looks more like some old silage bale wrap than a net.
    20190506_125150-jpg only very small part of picture how about the near bank photo ...

Definitely a net. Seen them before unfortunately.

Any reports Iv had are that the river is off to a very slow start. Is that accurate? The conditions have been OK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast