Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nore 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carter View Post
    Any reports Iv had are that the river is off to a very slow start. Is that accurate? The conditions have been OK.
    Not a lot being caught on the lower river. But a few caught up river, I know of a few caught in mount juliet. Slow start alright. But should pick up.

Looks like this rise in water will begin to fall back tonight. Im hoping the gauge at Mount Juliet will be around 0.7 by tomorrow morning. Am I mad to go fishing tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carter View Post
    Looks like this rise in water will begin to fall back tonight. Im hoping the gauge at Mount Juliet will be around 0.7 by tomorrow morning. Am I mad to go fishing tomorrow?
    It's filthy Ian. Highly unlikely to be fishable. Friday it might be OK. When it clears you'll have a great chance.

Just an update, river is only barely fishable today. About 1ft of visibility. Iím trying to fish my largest/heaviest orange and copper spinner as deep and slow as possible. Iím swinging it like a fly to cover as much water as I can.

River is at 0.64 on the MJ gauge but it got another small bump so Iím not to hopeful of getting the fly rod out at all today.

Should fish well over the next few days I guess.

Tried myself today. Still a bit dirty for my liking. Next week might be good.

Water was perfect yesterday...got out for an hour and bumped a nice fish ...a few head shakes and off it went ..fast sink tip 7ips and a single cascade on a short leader did the trick ...

How's it going lads?

I'm hoping to get out this evening after work, have been out a few times this year but not much happening, i'll keep ye posted
    Aidan

Quote Originally Posted by Riverfree View Post
    How's it going lads?

I'm hoping to get out this evening after work, have been out a few times this year but not much happening, i'll keep ye posted
    Aidan
    Where do you fish Aidan?

Quote Originally Posted by Nore Angler View Post
    Where do you fish Aidan?
    Normally fish down by the TT hurling pitch and Dysart, mostly on the fly, and after reading your post from the other day a cascade is getting tied on ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Riverfree View Post
    Normally fish down by the TT hurling pitch and Dysart, mostly on the fly, and after reading your post from the other day a cascade is getting tied on ha ha
    That was norefly haha. You've a good chance of a fish or two.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast