Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Salney 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Slaneybs View Post
    There are a few photos of some of yesterdays fish on the SRT website. Trying to keep them in the water doesnt make for pretty photos
    Is that Brian Davy with the big lad? Well done Brian.

Great to see a few got opening day, hopefully there’s one with my name on it Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBee View Post
    Does tullow anglers still do day permits for trout and sea trout ?

Cheers

Mark
    Yeah I think membership for the year is €25 for trout, if you call Slaney Fishing on 0894109798 he can look after you with membership or day tickets.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mark22 View Post
    Yeah I think membership for the year is €25 for trout, if you call Slaney Fishing on 0894109798 he can look after you with membership or day tickets.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Mark.

Default Now thats a proper Slaney Springer

Brian Hennesey was the "lucky" angler who met this beautiful 38" springer this morning. One of at least 5 fish off the river today.
    bh-3-4-18-jpeg

wow, that's a beauty. well done.

any info on flies, lines, tips etc ?

Fantastic fish. Thoughts of fish like that beneath the surface keep us all going.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Absolute cracker! well done Brian... If that dosen't get people out to wet a line I don't know what will. seems to be a good run of salmon in the river. Any reports from above Bunclody?

Nice to see fish been caught...any update on the beat or beats they were caught on ....

Quote Originally Posted by nore fly View Post
    Nice to see fish been caught...any update on the beat or beats they were caught on ....
    At the SRT meeting on Friday we heard of fish well spread out along the river. Some members were complaining there were no fish on a particular stretch but then they had only fished for a couple of hours. In fact 2 fish had been caught on that actual stretch.
    It is not quick and easy. You need to be out on the water. There were 4 rods out yesterday on one well known stretch and they met nothing. You have to put the hours in. also if you are out the "uninvited guests" will go elsewhere. If you meet or see someone who shouldn’t be there call IFI. They and the Gardai have had a number of successful prosecutions in relation to last year.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast