Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Salney 2019

Default SRT AGM and opening day

I see that the SRT AGM is set for 7.15 on Friday April 5th at Redmonds in Bunclody.
    I understand that there has been a great deal of work going on in the background trying to sort out the grid on the tailrace at Clohamon and that we will get an update on this and other matters at the AGM.
    The annual sub is going up to 50 and regardless of what you think of them the SRT is the only organised body working on behalf of the river and dealing with both IFI and the politicians. I am happy to pay the sub as they have no other source of income.
    If you cant make the meeting please consider paying a sub by Paypal from the membership page.
    Hopefully there will be a few fish landed between the opening day on the 1st and the AGM. The water looks lovely but I have not heard of any reports of fish showing what is effectively a full month after the traditional opening date of 26 February.
    God luck to all those going out on the 1st!

Conditions look great for open day. Looks like it will be floating lines with small weighted flies for me. Seems a bit mad for Spring fishing but the water looks fairly low in Enniscorthy.

8a53a1f9-b57b-448d-b67d-31b9a58b4a01-jpeg

ddfb9cd3-576e-4225-b195-8ad2786974f1-jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images 26b66d11-e5f6-4ae5-a1f9-76e22ed37906-jpeg 
    Last edited by Ian Carter; 28-03-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Those look like they should do the trick - very nice. i will probably have a yellow shrimp or McDermott's badger up.

Any word from the river today lads?

Had one on for less than half a minute having had a good pull on the previous cast. That was all for me, at least a connection if too brief. Didn't hear any other reports.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Enniscorthy was quiet. Perfect water there. I was surprised to only see 1 other angler out today.

Does tullow anglers still do day permits for trout and sea trout ?

Cheers

Mark

I have reports of at least 5 fish landed and several more met / lost. I was lucky with one of about 12lb. It was a February fish and was on a smallish brass tube ( Dee monkey cone head) fished deep. Certainly the cold weather had most people fishing with intermediate lines of fast sinking tips.
    Last edited by Slaneybs; 02-04-2019 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Default Opening day photos

There are a few photos of some of yesterdays fish on the SRT website. Trying to keep them in the water doesnt make for pretty photos

Very nice fishing there. Well done! Sounds like a decent head of fish in the system

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast