Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-blueing

Default Re-blueing

I have an AYA 25in side-by-side that I need to get serviced and re-blued.

Can anybody suggest anywhere that does a top-notch blueing job?

There was a man in ballybofey that done some work on guns for mates of mine. He put a new ejector in a gun of mine but it was Billy Diver that was in contact with him and got it done for me. He may not still be in operation for all I know but I'm sure someone on here will know his name and how to contact him.

If you're stuck, ring Martin McDaid in North West Country Sports in Strabane. He'll know if he's still operating and tell you how to get in touch.

Sorry I can't be of more help but this might get the ball rolling for you.

I have had my own AYA reblued, twice I believe. I have to say it was a pretty disappointing result.
    "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." óGeorge W Bush, Sept. 29 2000.

I'll not send it to your guy then Fiery Brown

Default Serviced and re-blued

Hi crispin, had a browning 20 bore hinge pin fitted and barrels re-blued by Gordon Newel . He owns a shooting ground and gun dealership called hollow farm found in Comber Northern Ireland. I have bought various guns from Gordon and also had stock alterations carried out by him also . Many gun dealers in the North usually send their guns to him to be repaired . I would recommend him to anyone and after you have dealt with Gordon , you will find yourself giving him more business. He is a proper gentleman to do business with. Below is contact numbers, best of luck floydie boy.

Email:
    hollowfarmsg@aol.com
    Tel: (028) 9752 8381
    Fax: (028) 9752 8643

Thanks Floydie Boy. I used to live very close to Hollow Farm and shot there on many occasions. I'll give Gordon a bell.

or you could call in to smyths countryside sports in colraine if ur up that neck of the woods.

The half dozen gun dealers I've spoken to in Ireland over the past few days have all said I should get the job done in the UK. They all send their blueing jobs across the water. They reckon Ireland just doesn't have people willing or able to do a top-notch job.

Quote Originally Posted by crispin View Post
    The half dozen gun dealers I've spoken to in Ireland over the past few days have all said I should get the job done in the UK. They all send their blueing jobs across the water. They reckon Ireland just doesn't have people willing or able to do a top-notch job.
    you will get people who will do it...but in my experience you could do as good a job yourself, in other words the gun looks almost worse than before.
    "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." óGeorge W Bush, Sept. 29 2000.

I blued the barrels of my mates gun a couple of years ago and it turned out quite well. It was only an old gun and he wasn't too worried if it turned out well or not. I wouldn't like to try it on a good gun in case I made a balls of it.

I used a birchwood casey bluing kit. Get them for around £15 on ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Birchwood-Case...item2553963a04

It'll cost around £80 in shipping costs alone to the UK and back for a gun. Better to get it done properly though in my opinion and if that means shipping it to the UK then so be it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast