Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox Hunting Ban

Default Fox Hunting Ban

Are we going to see Hunting with Hounds allowed back in Britain by the David Cameron and his lap dog Nick Cleggy?.
    I ask this after the latest attack by an Urban Fox on a baby after walking into a open house.
    That fox would of stole any food item on display.

Default Repelling The Fox Hunting Bill

I have sent an email to the Conservative Party asking that exact question although I sent it before the recent event.I don't think what happened will have any effect on the Conservative Partys decision due to the rarity of such attacks on humans.

According to 'The Times' Newspaper
    Tories get ready for a repeal of foxhunting ban
    MP plans tribunal to ensure tight discipline

A tribunal to deal with any wrongdoing by huntsmen and women would be set up if the law that prohibits hunting with hounds were repealed under a Conservative government.
    It would have the power to fine, suspend and even ban people from taking part if they were found to have broken the rules or brought hunting into disrepute.
    Under the system, approved by hunting chiefs, any rogue hunter would face the prospect of a double trial and penalty – any breaches of animal welfare or criminal laws could still lead to prosecution.
    The plan, which is still being finalised, has been drawn up by a “repeal committee” of hunting chiefs and parliamentarians, chaired by the Conservative MP Edward Garnier, QC.

Related Links
    Case is halted over judge’s views on hunting
    Foxhunting is not a human right
    The tribunal would probably be headed by an independent person, perhaps a retired judge or senior civil servant, and funded by contributions from every hunt. It would deal with complaints about trespass and nuisance and any allegations about hunt staff breaking rules, such as using terriers to dig out foxes.

David Cameron, the Leader of the Opposition, has made clear that if he becomes prime minister he will offer a free vote in government time for repeal of the four-year-old hunting ban.

A recent survey by the Countryside Alliance, a pressure group, found that of 120 Tory candidates in marginal seats only one was against repealing the ban and he said that he would abstain on any vote.

Some hunt members see no need to repeal the legislation as hunts have revived since the ban and can operate within the law by following artificial trails, organising hound exercise clubs or hunting with a bird of prey.

Mr Garnier, however, is adamant that the law must be repealed,though he acknowledges that public concerns must be addressed. The MP, the party’s justice spokesman, is chairing the repeal committee in a personal capacity. He does not hunt but represents prime hunting territory in Leices-tershire and supports his local hunts, the Fernie and the Cottesmore.

“I take the view it is not satisfactory to have a law, and especially a criminal law, under which people can be sent to prison or fined when to a large extent it is not accepted in the geographical areas where it’s supposed to bite,” he said. “Lots of people in rural areas think this law is designed to get at them and they find it offensive. What we are trying to do on the repeal committee is to ensure there is a perfectly acceptable way forward.

“This is not just about undoing the ban and nothing else, but this is to provide a system that would act as a deterrent against bad behaviour but also one that offers protection for those who hunt within the law and to protect them from false accusations.”

The tribunal could deal with complaints from people about huntsmen “parking on verges and crushing daffodils” and bring speedy redress, whether in compensation or payment to repair damage and an apology.

Mr Garnier admitted that the plan could fail even with a Conservative victory. “We are not so arrogant as to think that what we are doing is going to happen and that even if we come up with a watertight and sensible scheme that the wider public will think it is a good thing,” he said. “But I hope we are exercising sensitivity and common sense and not getting ahead of ourselves. We will be responsive to public concerns and the political landscape and we are acutely aware of pubic concerns about welfare and cruelty.”

The committee’s deputy chairman is Viscount Astor, the second husband of Mr Cameron’s mother-in-law.
    Last edited by simon grace; 08-06-2010 at 08:29 AM.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Default Food Items

Did deputy PM Clegg have a view on foxhunting before he climbed into bed with the Tories.
    I see foxs daily on the railway embankment where i live on a council estate . Healthy rabbits live on the same embankment.
    The fox only has to go a short distance and he can feed at Tescos, and Macdonalds carpark at night for its food.
    I feed the Blackbirds daily and they see me as no threat.
    Only the other day the cock bird walked into my open kitchen.
    I had to show him the way out but he is still talking to me.
    The Fox only wants food . He isnt a child killer.

Unfortuntely the fox doesn't hold the same ''Disney values'' as promulgated by the RSPCA, ALF & other associated groups who feel ''Bambi'' was a wildlife documentary. To the fox an unprotected human baby would constitute a meal like any other vulnerable prey species; the fact that the fox historically has avoided man, & anywhere with the scent of man, due to fear is now being negated by its' overfamiliarity as a result of living in an urban environment where man not only tolerates its' presence but activley encourages it by feeding scraps etc.
    Certainly such occurances will be rare but, like all avoidable tragedies, one is too many. The real risk comes with the possibility of rabies which could reach here, rather ironically, as a result of some self professed animal lover smuggling 'little Trixie' back through customs in order to avoid the quarantine period designed to protect us from this very occurance. If this were to get into a wild/ feral fox population in our urban areas where close contact with humans & their pets is guaranteed, then the consequences would be very serious.
    By constant anthropromorphic reporting/ program making the BBC & other media organisations have skewed peoples perceptions untill animals are no longer regarded as wild animals, but are seen as some form of ''little people in furry coats'', given cute little names & in a recent program the mate & cubs were described as ''his wife and children'' - I believe by that tearful snivelling burk Simon King or whatever his name is. Point:- foxes & all other animal species don't marry, they mate. Similarly the act of propagation is mating, & not ''making love'' as one brainless simpleton quoted on a wildlife program.
    This skewed view will result in people not according wild animals the dignity of considering them a threat & not taking appropriate precautions - sadly it may take further tragic occurances before they do so. It would be most unfortunate if this leads to people demonising foxes or other species for events which were occassioned by peoples failure to treat them as what they are - wild animals, & take the steps required to maintain a safe division between humans & wild animals. The clue is in the collective term ''Wild'' animals.

Regards, Tyke.
    Last edited by Tyke; 09-06-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Restoring fox hunting would make little difference to the urban fox population. This was a Towny fox, you can hardly start chasing them down Putney High Street on a Saturday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Restoring fox hunting would make little difference to the urban fox population. This was a Towny fox, you can hardly start chasing them down Putney High Street on a Saturday afternoon.
    Why not???
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

I have never seen foxes as dangerous or a threat and I've lived in the country all my life.

Yes, they'll lift the odd lamb but they're handy for foxes to lift. Foxes get lazy too aswell as humans and lift whatevers handy for them. Just like us going to the chippy rather than cooking a meal!

A farmer really turned me against farmers and for foxes. There was a lamb in a field one day that obviously wasn't well, I told the farmer about it and he said, "them auld lambs die anyway", and closed the door in my face. I've never shot a fox since.

On our pheasant shoot, if I could shoot two legged foxes I'd save far more birds than shooting four legged ones.

Its hard to put all the blame on foxes for becoming so tame and unafraid of humans, the decay that is urban sprawl has covered most of the foxes hunting grounds and forced them into areas where they're not meant to be. Humans are as much, if not more, to blame as the wildlife.

I think Agent Smith put it best in the Matrix Film...

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet"...

Default Spring Watch

The BBC Spring Watch are becomeing a joke to watch. Or in my case not to watch.
    I would rather have a walk over the fields where i can see the foxes and the rabbits all liveing together as nature planned.
    The BBC shows all these starveing animals comeing into your garden for easy pickings.
    My gardens a feeding station for all sorts of wildlife ,and i love it.
    The Hunting with Hounds Ban was a Tory and Labour class war and had nothing to do with the welfare of Animals.
    I only wish that these people at the TV companies would show more of the work that anglers and our licence money does for the envoironment.
    I and thousands of other anglers around the world have been trying to stop the Slaughter of Millions of fish on the River Tees.
    Hopefully because we have the 2012 Oympics comeing and 5 Million pounds of Tax payers money being spent upgradeing The Tees Barrage Water Course next year this slaughter will be lessened.
    The Fox can be seen regularly feeding on the waste that is thrown out of scruffy and lazy humans eating meals in their cars and being to lazy to walk to a bin provided by tax payers again.
    The foxes must be laughing at these stupid humans.PB

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Restoring fox hunting would make little difference to any fox population! I follow the Iveagh Harriers, as my best friend rides with them, and they would do well to nail one fox in a season!

Mind you, what I wouldn't give to ride to hounds on Putney High Street! That would annoy a few fox-huggers!
    "the nuts drop in the pool: the Salmon there
    is the wisest of all creatures, old and wise"
    Those Swans Remember; John Hewitt, Ulster Poet.

Quote Originally Posted by lochbois View Post
    The BBC Spring Watch are becomeing a joke to watch. Or in my case not to watch.
    I would rather have a walk over the fields where i can see the foxes and the rabbits all liveing together as nature planned.
    The BBC shows all these starveing animals comeing into your garden for easy pickings.
    My gardens a feeding station for all sorts of wildlife ,and i love it.
    The Hunting with Hounds Ban was a Tory and Labour class war and had nothing to do with the welfare of Animals.
    I only wish that these people at the TV companies would show more of the work that anglers and our licence money does for the envoironment.
    I and thousands of other anglers around the world have been trying to stop the Slaughter of Millions of fish on the River Tees.
    Hopefully because we have the 2012 Oympics comeing and 5 Million pounds of Tax payers money being spent upgradeing The Tees Barrage Water Course next year this slaughter will be lessened.
    The Fox can be seen regularly feeding on the waste that is thrown out of scruffy and lazy humans eating meals in their cars and being to lazy to walk to a bin provided by tax payers again.
    The foxes must be laughing at these stupid humans.PB

"Springwatch" What a load of ****.Its OK if you're housebound and don't get out much.And while were on the subject.."Halcyon River Diary" on Sunday night..Whats that all about.Its just T.V on the cheap done buy a has been TV presenter and her pretend wildlife camera man hubby who hardly steps outside of the kitchen!!!! And while I'm having a rant.I'm on the verge of falling out with "Countryfile" too.Its lost its real meaning.
    'The End'
    Last edited by simon grace; 09-06-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast