Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Guns all had their woodwork re oiled and ready for first day tomorrow...............

Shame it is giving 21 degrees and the sun splitting the skies, suppose it could be worse though

When i read about the perils of drinking whisky..............................i gave up reading!!

Beautiful looking guns! 👌
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Those look lovely WC, Hope you do them justice in the field 👍👍

Know nothing about shooting, but they look stunning!
    Last edited by mc andy; 20-09-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafty Cranker View Post
    Shame it is giving 21 degrees and the sun splitting the skies, suppose it could be worse though

very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Clydebuilt View Post
    Those look lovely WC, Hope you do them justice in the field 👍👍
    Aye, i will do mate, there will be some lucky partridges and some unlucky partridges

Thanks for the comments guys, the top gun is a 12 gauge and the bottom gun a 20 gauge, both Italian.
    When i read about the perils of drinking whisky..............................i gave up reading!!

They look fantastic WC, did you do them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafty Cranker View Post

They look good. We have our first go at partridges on Monday. A rehearsal for all concerned really and I can't decide which gun to take, probably a 20. However warm weather and partridges is quite a nice combo, we go a bit Spanish: chilled manzanilla and tapas for Elevenses and a big barbeque after for guns, beaters pickers up et al.

The seasons turn and these days salmon seem to fade as the grouse start. By partridge time it's all pretty much over.

Quote Originally Posted by Troosers Too View Post
    They look fantastic WC, did you do them yourself.
    I did that, lots of patience, coat of oil then flat, keep doing it till the flatting is done with 1500 grit, a lot of work to be honest, but i like doing things for myself.

Bit like tying flies actually, you get a buzz when you see your end result and then catch a fish on it.

Do you just apply the oil with a cloth?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast