Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Taddy View Post
    IM sure that Deer carry Lymes? i should be riddled in it lol never ever knew dogs could catch it though.
    I think its because the deer are coverd in the ticks. You always seem to get a huge number of ticks where you get deer passing through.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    Attachment 31039

She absolutely loves her wee pool in the garden
    Attachment 31040
    That's a nice looking animal Arnold. Where did you get her from???
    "What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?"

Jack Hargreaves OBE (31 December 191115 March 1994)

Just back from the Highlands and the tics are in abundance.
    I don't seem to be that attractive to them but on one evening three of my fishing mates had a very large number on them with one having 10 on one lower arm and hand. Some were very small and very difficult to spot at first sight. Take care out there.

As I assume some of you know, permethrin-based repellents, applied to clothing, are very effective tick repellents. Way back in grad school I was a "guinea pig" for the U.S. Dept. of Ag, testing those repellents on lands incredibly infested with ticks...and deer. I can attest to their effectiveness.

There is at least one vaccine available aimed at preventing canine Lyme Disease. I've been happy with Advantix II for my setters for some years. We sure do live in tick country.

On a bummer of a note, just before we were to head to Canada for a couple weeks back in April, my young (2+ years) was diagnosed with heartworms (we also live in mosquito country, both here (VT) and in Canada. I must have screwed up with his ivermectin preventative, is all I can think. The protocol for curing that is a *****. It goes on for months, 2.5 of which he is relegated to his kennel box. Thank heavens for the sedative Trazadone, or he'd never survive being cooped up! We still have all of August to go (he is at the vet right now getting the second series of adulticide shots and will be there til tomorrow. He just looks at me from his box with a "what the hell did I do to deserve this" look. Not fun for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    That's a nice looking animal Arnold. Where did you get her from???
    From some wee short guy in yorkshire called Simon very decent chap he was

I've not seen her since sunday morning as I'm working away from home at the moment, really missing her badly... Roll on tomorrow afternoon

Took on Sunday morning before I left
    DSC_0378.JPG
    Last edited by Lamson v10; 26-07-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Default Bravecto

Now available as a spot on for Dogs and Cats.
    12 weeks protection for ticks and fleas.
    why would you waste your time on 4 week treatments as you will probably forget to repeat the treatment in time,3 months protection works for my dogs perfectly.

Default facts please

fluralaner,ie Bravecto is a new ectoparasiticide.
    Fipronil is a potent insecticide and has been classified group C Carcinogen by USA EPA.

good to have the facts before making rash comments.
    thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123