Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The only good thing about salmon farming is that they are allowed to shoot seals bothering the nets.
    There are a lot get shot this way and the reason I know this is that a friend of mine has the contract to shoot them.
    He once had a big bull seal haul itself up on a walkway and was going to face him up, but not for long. They don't swim very well with a treble two sized hole between the eyes.
    They are indeed dangerous creatures. I believe the estuary of the Ythan has signs up warning dog walkers not to let their dogs go in the water as the seals have killed quite a few dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by heather point View Post
    The only good thing about salmon farming is that they are allowed to shoot seals bothering the nets.
    There are a lot get shot this way and the reason I know this is that a friend of mine has the contract to shoot them.
    He once had a big bull seal haul itself up on a walkway and was going to face him up, but not for long. They don't swim very well with a treble two sized hole between the eyes.
    They are indeed dangerous creatures. I believe the estuary of the Ythan has signs up warning dog walkers not to let their dogs go in the water as the seals have killed quite a few dogs.

Back in the day when I did my bit for a seal free Irish coastline I found that a 9.5mm Mannlicher 'lobbing' a 270 grain bullet did an immediate and total job!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123