Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Red Deer

Default Red Deer

1381973_10206504227227669_4306802290302716031_n.jpg

Red Deer from 4 yrs back.Cumbrian Deer
    "Don't hate the black, don't hate the white,if you get bitten just hate the bite"

Quote Originally Posted by Taddy View Post
    1381973_10206504227227669_4306802290302716031_n.jpg

Red Deer from 4 yrs back.Cumbrian Deer
    Nailed it!

Braw Buck! Well done.

Road kill..??
    "What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?"

Jack Hargreaves OBE (31 December 191115 March 1994)

Default road kill

Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    Road kill..??
    i hate to see what the car looked like after a road kill of a beast that size lol No wasn't a road kill hunted,cumbrian forest deer,not moorland,infact i think the deer in the area where that deer came from are the last indiginous population of reds that have been not bred with moor or foreign stock,otherwords they aint been tocuhed by outside influences since they first settled after the last ice age i think,from what ive learnt of these deer in this area is that,all the other deer in england are moor/fell deer where as these are true wild woodland reds that havny been put there by man.

The population between say kendal and coniston/ennerdale/windermere/ cartmel areas is well out of control,strict traditional hunting laws don't count any more and shooting isnt easy to come by unless yer prepared to pay that is,the deer are out eating them selves and since the massive popualtion explosion these reds aint as big as the ones that were there say late 80s early 90s sort of time.

Big cats Eurasian Lynx have been or about to be introduced to certain areas in the uk and the grizedale forest area is one of them,i still say that area could easy support a small pack of wolves which would certainly help the deer as strange as that may sound to none hunting folk.

ye have a nice little population or two near where ye live Simon Grace,studley rodger and forest of bowland,Reds,Roe,Odd fallow and Sika in both locations-oh and of course Birmham rocks area.I go as far as to say that most the reds in that area are from studley royal or maybe ripley castle,not sure how the sika got there,but as well as four species of deer,(not sure about muntys){muntjac} yer also got a few wild boars roaming here there and everywhere from wensely dale to bowland and seburgh areas.Thanks to activists.
    "Don't hate the black, don't hate the white,if you get bitten just hate the bite"

Default wild

Actually yer got a lot of diferent animals in the dales that yer simply just dont see any where else like polecats around west witton area,shed loads of them little owls that nest on the deck,four types of deer,in a few locations,boars ! and now lots of salmon are back in the north yorks dales rivers,one or two dare i say it beavers and maybe some wolves along with one or two eagles would defo be welcome from where im sat not sure if y'all have any pine martins in yorkshire or not?
    Last edited by Taddy; 10-10-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Default roe

19389630_10154480244377117_346276686_n.jpg

in the days when deer hunting with dogs was allowed,we had some great land at our disposal behind the old admirality allens west near yarm,thats where the foto was taken,on my friends uncles land,every fortnight we would have a after noon out courseing hare and deer,but them rabbits were ferreted not dogged or shot.

Default red

Quote Originally Posted by Taddy View Post
    Must have been a canny dog to bring that one down lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The amount of red deer on some of the fells on the south side of Ullswater is crazy. I think it's Dalemain Estates land.