Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  98
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paul White View Post
    You should of bought the TransK9 box I had for sale, your dogs would have fitted it perfectly!!

Paul
    They all fit in really but he seems to be happier sat behind the box so if it makes him happy then fine until he chews summat then he's in big bother!!!
    "What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?"

Jack Hargreaves OBE (31 December 1911–15 March 1994)

Excellent Simon! Nice and keen.....dog is too!!

Alf's got a bloody great long tongue just like my lab!

Default Alf

how about an update Simon ?

Thought I'd give you a quick update on Alf.
    He's 18 months old now and he's had some good days out picking up but mainly sat at the peg on a few driven days.

20171227_133545.jpg
    20171211_205904.jpg

I have some Pigeon shooting organised for this Spring so even more experience to come.
    This Spring/Summer though we'll be attending some training days and I have a tutor now who is a very experienced Labrador trainer and handler who is helping me bring the best out in Alf as his owner (Stuckinlondon) wants him to be trialled.
    He's a very calm dog and laid back in certain ways.He has an old head on young shoulders and he absorbs everything he learns and he certainly has an on/off switch.His whole attitude changes depending on weather he's at work or at play.He's a very straightforward dog with a straightforward approach.Just the kind of dog every gundog trainer would want to have in the kennel.
    As Labradors go he's not a big dog but he's fit,fast and very powerful and has bags of style and swagger!
    He has the potential to make it in trials.FT Champion status? Who knows but he's not going to be held back.
    His owner want to see how far we can take him.A challenge I'm up for..Lets see what happens!
    He's a great dog and we all love him here at home.

20171014_095525.jpg
    Last edited by simon grace; 06-03-2018 at 09:54 PM.
    "What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?"

Welcome back Simon...good to hear of Alfie’s progress todate

A bonny dog there! His head looks like he could be a relative of my black lab, Meg.
    Last edited by Wigeon; 06-03-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Smile

He really is a nice dog.

I popped up to see Alf a few days ago and I was really pleased with him and all the effort Simon has put into him.

As far as trialling goes , let's see how he gets on - I believe that if he has the ability then it would be wrong not to take it as far as it can and I know that he's in very good hands with Simon.

We've sought the advise of a couple of very experienced lab people (including one who got a COM in the Championship with her FTCH dog) and both said that he has the potential to do well in trials, so here we go. He just needs "polishing off" in their words.

So no pressure Simon

He's already a cracking peg dog but going up another level is a different thing entirely.....................

best of luck to the both of you !!!!
    Last edited by stuckinlondon; 07-03-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Alf in Action....

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinlondon View Post

Alf in Action....
    A straight forward retrieve really but a bit of a challenge for a young dog.
    Down a ghyll,across a stream and up the other side thorough a bit of cover. Obviously he'd lost his mark on that as you would expect but he worked it out for himself and brought the dummy back to hand.
    Training session tomorrow over in North Lincs..Onwards and upwards!!

Nice to watch Simon. That's a handy dog indeed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast