Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The Pink Monkey

Default The Pink Monkey

With the water chocolate and high just now, and usually having a bit of colour in it, i thought i would give the Monkey a bit of vibrance.

I gave the first attempt a swim today in nigh on chocolate water and i could see it 2 feet down and it pulsed and danced away fine. I've gone too heavy on the under wing and the head is a disaster but ill tidy them up when i tie a batch up. The good lady will just love seeing me staining the kitchen pink again simmering the goat in a pot of dye ;D

What do you think? How can it be improved colour wise

Last edited by Scanny; 02-04-2010 at 09:31 PM.
    "In Britain we have a saying for situations like this.......difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult"

i think a different colour of head would make it more attractive hard to know what colour would do it tho. but interesting colours nice fly man.

it looks good but is more of a sunray rather than a monkey as such, if you added a pink hackle or beard then it would be nearer to a monkey

I have a lot of confidence in pink in salmon flies and as you say it shows up great in colour water, stick with it
    so much fishing, so little time

<a href="Hidden Content style="text-decoration:underline;">Andrew - Loop Akademi Fly Dresser</a>

I was thinking a pearl head and black schalppen hackle to give a touch more contrast. Or a fox beard

Really just wanted to see how it looked in the water today, the magenta softens to a lighter pink, its looks great.
    Last edited by Scanny; 02-04-2010 at 09:44 PM.
    "In Britain we have a saying for situations like this.......difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult"

what about trying pink underwing with long blk overwing and maybe a pink hackle, pearl head could also look good
    so much fishing, so little time

<a href="Hidden Content style="text-decoration:underline;">Andrew - Loop Akademi Fly Dresser</a>

I like it with the white underwing and think with 3 strands of peacock herl across the back, taken to 3/4 the length of the pink goat, you'd have an absolute clonker . Might rattle one up myself to see how it looks .

Altmor.