Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NT8 Agogo

Default NT8 Agogo

Hello all, have any of you tried the Guideline NT8 both 13ft 9" and 14ft 9" variants? If so can I ask how they compared to each other and which did you prefer and of course why you preferred it?
    If they have no bread let them eat Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrypokemon View Post
    Hello all, have any of you tried the Guideline NT8 both 13ft 9" and 14ft 9" variants? If so can I ask how they compared to each other and which did you prefer and of course why you preferred it?
    I haven't used the 14-9 but the 13-9 is a superb rod IMO, it turns flies over and casts further with less effort than any rod I've owned, I believe James Norris will let customers try either with a deposit, failing that you can try mine for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by happy days View Post
    I haven't used the 14-9 but the 13-9 is a superb rod IMO, it turns flies over and casts further with less effort than any rod I've owned, I believe James Norris will let customers try either with a deposit, failing that you can try mine for a couple of days.
    Can I ask, is it the 4piece or the 6piece that you have?

I wonder is there any difference between the actions of the 4 and 6piece?

Quote Originally Posted by paddymc View Post
    Can I ask, is it the 4piece or the 6piece that you have?

I wonder is there any difference between the actions of the 4 and 6piece?
    Its the 6, I would go as far to say its the rod I have been waiting for, as soon as I cast it I was hooked, pardon the pun.

A big thank you for your reply and a whopping thank you for your really kind offer. James Norris would indeed let me take both rods out I think. I am however really tight for time as I have a party out with me next weekend and all of the following week. I have a raft of stuff to get ready and very little time to do it. Your suggestion however is the most practical option. The only real way to tell us to try both rods for myself

I have the 13'9 4 piece... Best rod I've ever owned, and I've owned a few (This is including all my Cross S1's.)

i am interested to see how you like the 14'9 vs the 13'9! 9/10 version that is.. keep us updated

Its the 6, I would go as far to say its the rod I have been waiting for, as soon as I cast it I was hooked, pardon the pun.
    Which rod is it 8/9 or 9/10? and what line do you use with it please

Bought the NT8 13.9 - 9/10 four piece a couple of weeks ago, probably the best rod i have ever owned rated at 535 to 575 grains i think it excelled casting the lighter line weights. I use a 540 grain Rio Scandi VerciTip and it flys, lifts the fast sinking 15ft vercitips out of the water with no problems.

Started with nothing and still have most of it left

Due to circumstances at the time I actually ended up with the 4 piece 14ft 9 NT8. Incredibly light in the hand and with a 42g Vision Ace shooting head it will comfortably put out pretty much a full head and running line. it is an excellent rod and while I do prefer my 15ft Loomis Asquith the NT8 comes in at about half the price of the Asquith. The Loomis is certainly not twice as good. I am lucky I suppose in that I have the luxury of being able to fish with either / or. I would not be put out at all only being able to use either one of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast