Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NT8 Agogo

Quote Originally Posted by Perrypokemon View Post
    Due to circumstances at the time I actually ended up with the 4 piece 14ft 9 NT8. Incredibly light in the hand and with a 42g Vision Ace shooting head it will comfortably put out pretty much a full head and running line. it is an excellent rod and while I do prefer my 15ft Loomis Asquith the NT8 comes in at about half the price of the Asquith. The Loomis is certainly not twice as good. I am lucky I suppose in that I have the luxury of being able to fish with either / or. I would not be put out at all only being able to use either one of them.
    Does the loomis need more weight than the 42g that the guideline likes?

Quote Originally Posted by paddymc View Post
    Does the loomis need more weight than the 42g that the guideline likes?

The Loomis works extremely well with a 42g shooting head, I have also spent a couple of hours with it using a Vector Ballistic full Spey line with and a Skagit iFlight at 650gr. All of these went really well. I have yet to try the NT8 with the full Spey line so cannot yet comment as to whether they work together. I feel that the rod may be best suited to shooting heads which doesn't concern me too much since I only use full Spey lines for demonstration purposes and all my practical fishing is done with shooting heads and Skagit. As I said earlier I could use either rod all day or all week for fishing and not feel like I was missing out on something.
    If they have no bread let them eat Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrypokemon View Post
    Due to circumstances at the time I actually ended up with the 4 piece 14ft 9 NT8. Incredibly light in the hand and with a 42g Vision Ace shooting head it will comfortably put out pretty much a full head and running line. it is an excellent rod and while I do prefer my 15ft Loomis Asquith the NT8 comes in at about half the price of the Asquith. The Loomis is certainly not twice as good. I am lucky I suppose in that I have the luxury of being able to fish with either / or. I would not be put out at all only being able to use either one of them.
    did you get to try the 13'9? any reason why the 13'9 would be better than the 14'9? I cant decide!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12