Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Guideline AWM 14'9 10/11

The Guideline Awm 14'9 10/11 feels to be a little softer than the Lpxe but is a gem. I use the following on it with ease and confidence

Power Tapers:
    11/12 int/S1 cut to 12.75m @44grams
    11/12 float/S1 cut to 12m @44grams
    10/11 sink 2/3 cut to 12.7m @43grams

I also use a 10/11 Airflo double hand Multi Tip sucessfully.

Superb budget rod and an excellen back up.
    Last edited by Scanny; 29-07-2010 at 01:47 AM.
    "In Britain we have a saying for situations like this.......difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult"

hi scanny
    is 47/48grms not a bit heavy for 10/11 shooting heads?

They are overweighted but I'm a novice with sunk line fishing so I opted for a size up and cutting them back so they are a little easyer to manage in deep wading or tight spaces with 2" copper on the end. The 10/11 heads un cut are certainly the route to go for distance on the rod
    Last edited by Scanny; 28-02-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    "In Britain we have a saying for situations like this.......difficult, difficult, lemon, difficult"

Had a couple of hours chucking with my new14'9" AWM in a local loch this afternoon. Still waiting for my shooting heads to arrive but used my Airflo 10/11 multitip - the 56.5 ft head version - and it flew! What a wee gem this rod is, can't believe it's available for the money. Can't wait for my shooting heads to arrive - think they'll be amazing in this rod.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

I've since trimmed my heads down a touch to 44grams and use them without a polytip, fly out as easily but present a little nicer.

A very big fan of both the 14ft 9 AWM and the 14FT AWM love them to bits.A new LPXe owner to boot I find them easier to cast with allthough the LPXe is better with the faster sink rates.42g sees the AWM throw lines a long way very very easily.Mucho impressed indeedy.Pedro.

Playing devils advocate Rennie, I have used an lpxe but not for long enough to assess it. Value wise, does it perform three to four times better than the awm as the price increase is? I got the awm as a cheap toy to try with heads and got lucky with it being an excellent prospect sub 100

Like you Scanny I bought my AWM as a cheap route into the shooting head mullarkey,was so impressed I bought a 14ft 9/10 as well.Decided to buy a full blown LPXe in three piece as I took to it all like a duck to water.Now I got my LPXe cheap and I consider them to be very close,the LPXe being a bit firmer and a touch faster-but not by much-the AWM is very easy to cast and use.Used them both back to back all last week on the Dee with heads from floating and poly-tips to sink1/2,very hard to separate them.Now put the price of the four piece LPXe into the equation and things look a bit more favourable for the AWM.If you are a year round fisher on a variety of rivers and keen to make the most of your time then the LPXe would take my vote,if cash or usage is an issue or you will be using mainly a floater and poly's or light inty. work then the AWM takes it.The fact that I will continue to use all three of my Guideline rods side by side,maybe only favouring one over the other for specific circumstances tells me Guideline have a very good rod in the LPXe and a blinder in the AWM,considering the price difference.
    If it seems I am sat on the fence thats only because the fence is a very comfy. place to be in this instance.Tight lines,Pedro.

Do these rods come with a tube from fishtek?
    Throw the rod in after it.Hidden Content

Yeah cordura covered polymer tube, same as those on the lpxe barring the colour

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast