Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default Guideline lpxe switch

Hi lads,

Just wondering what do you use on your 11'ft 7/8 or 8/9 Lpxe Switch? I currently using Guideline Switch multi tip 7# It's a good line but I'm looking for a bit of power, I'll be fishing small to meduim rivers, Any suggestions? I'd like a line that's integrated as in the eg the Line is one There's no loop to loop connections with a running line etc..

(Sorry if posted on Wrong section)

Thanks ff.
    Last edited by flyfishin; 15-06-2016 at 11:37 PM.

Default lines

Barrio switch line.
    M.

I use a 390gr. Airflo Rage Compact on my 8/9 Lpxe Switch rod and it flies.

Default switch

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishin View Post
    Hi lads,

Just wondering what do you use on your 11'ft 7/8 or 8/9 Lpxe Switch? I currently using Guideline Switch multi tip 7# It's a good line but I'm looking for a bit of power, I'll be fishing small to meduim rivers, Any suggestions? I'd like a line that's integrated as in the eg the Line is one There's no loop to loop connections with a running line etc..

Thanks ff.
    GL switch

I have one last year , use Vision and Gl tips best good i think this lines bether is i think Orvis Scientific anglers SBT , for more power distance try this , seatrout as well /spey , Note : not go to heavy with heads for this rods !!!
    Other some bactapers can help longer line/longer d-loop longer cast .
    tight lines .

Default Line for LPXE

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishin View Post
    Hi lads,

Thanks ff.
    Hi.
    I'm presuming it's the old LPXE, in which case I second the Barrio switch. The 8/9 for windy days bigger flies. The 7/8 for nice days and presentation. The new Barrio Switch is a muted Mushy Pea green, not the old Orange orange.

I use the Rio SSVT 6wt on my original 11ft 7/8 wt and it works really well. The guideline 4cast in an 8wt goes well if you're going to be doing any overhead casting.

Davey