Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wormo View Post
    I wouldnt worry about the warranty too much at that price as long as it's defo new, they are very reliable and worst comes to worst a new section is prob around £50
    Would be nice to have the warranty but imo the rods a steal at that price
    craig
    Definitely new as l bought one from him ,but he was adamant that he would not issue a sales invioce ,why l do not know but on principal l returned the rod to him.
    "If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they cannot have a headache and sex at the same time " Billy Connolly

Sorry... late to your thread.

I fish with the same rod... I actually prefer it to my Scandi Type Rods... I was using a Gaelforce Equalizer Spey Line 10/11 .. 54ft head matched with a Daniellson Reel.... Good line and can reasonably happily throw out about 90ft with this set up. I have been using the Greys as I journey along the GAIA Double Handed Casting Instructor syllabus and it has not let me down. I also use it for all my Salmon Fishing where possible unless the River is just too small... and just last week it comfortably landed a fine Salmon on Glenda Powells BlackWater beats.

Recently in my casting practice I have switched to a 63ft Gaelforce Equalizer Head 10/11 matched with a Hardy Angel 11/12 reel.... The rod is a monster and was underpowered with the original matching... the reel adds the necessary weight to better balance the line. The watch outs are... pair with the longer line if you can handle it... and chose your reel to balance your rod... the heavier Hardy Reel seems to help promote my bottom hand dominance.

Absolutely recommend the rod... and either line.... I confess I bought also it's Hardy equivalent ... The 15ft T Series Marksman... from a guy on the forum... it's a thing of beauty... however the Hardy is my back up rod and I always reach for the Greys.

I guess you already bought the rod anyway... but hope this helps.

Gerard

I have an XF2 S 12 foot and itís brilliant. I bought a T series 15 foot and didnít get on with it at all. Just too floppy for me and I was expecting a slower action.

Hi T7

I have a 14ft XF2 Scandi. Itís in flawless condition. I prefer a more traditional auctioned rod. I would swap it for your 15ft xf2 T, providing itís in good condition and your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewinboy View Post
    Hi T7

I have a 14ft XF2 Scandi. Itís in flawless condition. I prefer a more traditional auctioned rod. I would swap it for your 15ft xf2 T, providing itís in good condition and your interested.
    Thanks for the office but Iíve already sold it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12