Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Poem

  1. #1

    Default Poem

    There was a boatmen/ ghillie
    He was very silly
    A fault of his was to think aloud
    Even though there was a bit of a crowd
    When the clock approached five
    He began to think of a skive
    He said if I get this idiot down the pool quickly
    I'll have more time to drink myself sickly.


    Ghillie on one of Tweed Top beats which shall remain nameless but it rhymes with " Doors ". He was so useless that some guests refused to tip him. Refused to take boat out at plus 2' in the river, what a joke !
    Last edited by Dave Wilkinson; 22-02-2018 at 08:56 AM. Reason: error

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Scotland.
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Rhymes with doors? Gis anir clue.

    Could it be that the poor man had a problem brought on with years of being given bottles of alcohol by guest anglers?

    I don't like these kind of threads where the person or beat are alluded to but not named.

    Seems a bit unfair to me.

    Was there a h/s problem at plus 2'?

    Did you tell him he was useless and not tip?
    Last edited by FloatinglineNelly; 21-02-2018 at 07:41 PM.

  3. #3

    Default ok

    one of the largest inhabited houses/ castles in Scotland



    Quote Originally Posted by FloatinglineNelly View Post
    Rhymes with doors? Gis anir clue.

  4. #4

    Default sorry

    Forgot you don't have doors in Scotland TTFN

    Quote Originally Posted by FloatinglineNelly View Post
    Rhymes with doors? Gis anir clue.

  5. #5

    Default

    Floors

  6. #6

    Default

    I'm of the thinking if your going to complain or slag something then tell the full story , you've as good as already named the beat
    Last edited by Lamson v10; 21-02-2018 at 09:30 PM.

  7. #7

    Default truth

    Truth never hurts Cheers


    Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    I'm of the thinking if your going to complain or slag something then tell the full story , you've as good as already named the beat

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    I'm of the thinking if your going to complain or slag something then tell the full story , you've as good as already named the beat
    Or at the very least write a poem that scans and rhymes. A bit of iambic pentameter might make slagging off a ghillie on a public forum slightly less offensive, although probably just as actionable.

  9. #9

    Default Not sustain

    I rang the estate office and was give permission to use the boat myself but on my own insurance. I was very surprised they went along - full marks to them.

    It was a mixed week of pals so all moaned but most tipped. I never had him with me as I'm confident wading deeply and had to work the boat in the problem pool for course. worked it off a rope, Tweed style, no probs at all.

    I had 3 weeks in total with him one spring and I don't think I've met a more useless article save for one other on Tweed.

    Then the following year they too one of my weeks away so I told them to stick the lot.

    Cheers



    Quote Originally Posted by FloatinglineNelly View Post
    Rhymes with doors? Gis anir clue.

    Could it be that the poor man had a problem brought on with years of being given bottles of alcohol by guest anglers?

    I don't like these kind of threads where the person or beat are alluded to but not named.

    Seems a bit unfair to me.

    Was there a h/s problem at plus 2'?

    Did you tell him he was useless and not tip?

  10. #10

    Default You peak in riddles dear sir

    Don't worry be happy.





    Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    Or at the very least write a poem that scans and rhymes. A bit of iambic pentameter might make slagging off a ghillie on a public forum slightly less offensive, although probably just as actionable.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •