Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  54
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default your reasons for going fishing ???

Why do you fish
    Is it to catch only clean bars of silver or coloured fish big or small, kelts or springers.
    For me its all about the chase trying to outwit a fish that dosen't feed in fresh water , the heart stopping moment the line stops or is ripped of the reel or even a tweak of the fly .
    The never knowing is it a twenty+ or just a small grilse , the fight a dramatic one or easily landed , wether or not i will land it or will the hook come out
    And last but not least the joy of putting them back into the river and see them swimming away to do their business which nature intended no matter of which colour [silver red or black ] or sex they are .
    Wishing that if some one catches them they will no get a bang on the head further up the system

To get out doors breath fresh air and have a crack with other fishermen that are after the same things as me.
    I just love the rug rug rug of the line going tight and the heart beating 2 beats faster if I loose it after that I am not bothered and if I land it that is a bonus.
    Give it your all and that you can sleep easy tonight

yeah that sums up my reasons pretty well, and it has to be better than the golf course
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

For a day out and because there's nothing quite like that moment when the reel starts to scream

I live in the middle of Manchester; that's why I go fishing.

Endless amount of answers.

From start to finish.
    Sourcing quality fly tying gear, spinning gear, worming gear, waterproof jackets, waders, rods etc, etc, etc, at a good price.

Tying the flies to catch the fish mostly during the close season, which still keeps the interest going during the darkest nights.

Collecting worms with the kids, which means getting them out away from a screen.

Collecting / dying and preserving shrimps, again with the kids.

Planning Spring trips with great anticipation.

The banter going to and from such trips and the occasional stay over with a few " Swallies ", as you do.

Walking the river after the winter floods to see where new lies might be.
    Tending to the river banks, keeping paths clear, cutting back trees etc, etc, etc.

The first fish of the season to be landed ( still waiting this season ).

Scenery, wildlife, being out in the open air, bla, bla bla.

Praying for that perfect loop.

Watching the dorsal fin disappearing below the surface as he/she goes back.(after one for the table Is in the freezer )

List is endless.

It is just a bug that there is no cure for.

Fishing, to me, is a whole lot more than hooking and landing fish. Even hooking a fish is a long way down quite a long list of just being out in my absolute element.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

The tug is the drug 💉

To get away from the scum and enjoy the outdoors(i live in glasgow...)

It has been said that all of us are still kids at heart and I think this is true,none of us can walk over a bridge without peering down?
    I've often wondered where i got it from as nobody in my family fishes,I just knew that it was something I wanted to do,I can still picture my dad cursing as he took me to a river in France with a brand new little rod and neither us knowing how to open the bale arm to cast,the cursing came from the tangles.
    Thirty years later I still enjoy being on rivers(has to be a wild fishery)I'm fascinated by migratory fish and sea trout in particular,I could watch em for hours,I have a good success rate for sea trout on my holidays with fish on most nights,not sure sure I could make a proper salmon angler as I lack faith.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast