Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salmo Addiction

Default Salmo Addiction

I've only seriously started salmon fishing the last few weeks, and I am yet to catch. With every blank day there is a little disappointment, but by the next time I can't wait to try again.

I assume this compulsion will get even worse when I finally manage to catch one!!

one you get your first it will get even worse salmon fever . it might take a long time months / years to get the first one but it will be worth it .good luck . and every one is as good as the first
    Last edited by auldsalmon; 12-08-2014 at 09:57 PM.

It's ridiculous, really. Only gets worse. I actually cannot wait until the back-end on the Tweed.
    Twitter: @CalumRaine - pictures & commentary on salmon fishing.

Blog: Hidden Content

WORSE MOMENT OF RELIEF THEN WORSE AGAIN LOL

But heart stopping when you finally get that take uv been waiting for
    There's no room at the inn... our country is full

Still waiting on my first salmon aswel.I have also just started salmon fishing,and I fish the river most evenings.Really is an addiction to try get the first ever salmon at the minute lol
    Great though

Better book some spring fishing now, then you can still have slow fishing, but at least you'll have the greatest aesthetics of the season to fish in.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright

It usually goes something like one more cast then one more cast then ok 10 more cast and so on
    In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks - John Muir

As others have said, you think it's bad now. Wait until you've hooked or landed one.

It's quite possible the first pull will just be that, a pull or drag on the fly. Perhaps you may have a fish on for a short while before it comes off. Don't worry, that can happen more than we would all like. It does though add spice and your heart will be POUNDING.

I remember my first fish like it was yesterday, when it happens, and it will happen, you'll be in a euphoric shock that can last days. The same will apply when you catch a second, third etc etc.

It's worst than drink and drugs and sex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast