Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  43

Poll: Prawn/Shrimp or Worm

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Prawn/Shrimp or Worm

Ignoring the fact that Prawn/Shrimp fishing is banned on the majority of rivers - If bait fishing is allowed should it be Worm or Prawn/Shrimp.

Default Worm all the way.

Hi darren

It would be worm as its the most difficult of the three methods,and one thats close to my heart as my wifes grandfather,jackie milligan,a maybole man like our very own longchuck(tam) was an excellent salmon fisherman who stuck to the worm all his days and took many salmon on doon,ayr,and the girvan over many years,i used to watch him fish the worm and its a craft in itself,no doubt about it,god rest his soul,a great worm fisherman well known on the the ayrshire rivers.

I love fishing the worm but get very frustrated with worm anglers who sit all day in one pool, so for this reason, and the fact that the method is prone to deep hooking I have voted for the Dark Side
    Last edited by Dazza; 15-12-2013 at 07:19 PM.

shrimp I think worming should be banned in oct for deep hooking reasons {I know some people strike straightaway but its not guaranteed}ive returned loads off fish on shrimp and never had one die
    A day at work is another day wasted

Let's ban the real prawn and tie up imitations. Is there really a difference?

Of course there is, the real shrimp can be presented and fished in a way the flea can't so is more successful, something that irks the flea only brigade.

I do only fish the flea myself these days, but that's my choice.

why should it be prawn and shrimp or worm why not both. all anyone talks about on hear now is what to ban.

Default Worm

I vote worm art of the garden snake,should be forever,after all most freshwater and sea fish are caught on worm.
    Ive ever had a deep hooker!

Never fished prawn/shrimp but fished worm all my life so worm for me, got taught by my papa and he was great at it I've also never deep hooked a salmon on the worm probably lost more than I've hooked though tbh
    Last edited by Chriscampbell; 15-12-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Typo

Default Shrimp for me im afraid

after hearing all the storys id love to fish the shrimp on the cairn or in the college pool heard they were deadly my brother in law said him and 2 mates got one after the other at st micheals bridge when the river just hit the marker what a feeling that would have been but nowt against the worm I enjoy fishing it just I think if ur gan 2 c and r you should be able to do whatever method you want

Quote Originally Posted by coppertoby View Post
    Hi darren

It would be worm as its the most difficult of the three methods,and one thats close to my heart as my wifes grandfather,jackie milligan,a maybole man like our very own longchuck(tam) was an excellent salmon fisherman who stuck to the worm all his days and took many salmon on doon,ayr,and the girvan over many years,i used to watch him fish the worm and its a craft in itself,no doubt about it,god rest his soul,a great worm fisherman well known on the the ayrshire rivers.
    probably the best worm fisher i ever witnessed was jackie.
    saw him take 5 fish in 1 hour from the pipe pool on the doon.
    rods had shrimped it and spun it hard before jackie arrived.
    he didnt like to overload his hook with worms,just a coupe of blackheads.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast