Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default MacKenzie mulie tip

I've just got a MacKenzie G2 Shooting Head Multi tip, can anybody tell me if I can use the Multi Tips an the Mackenzie G2 spay lines and if yes would I need to shorten the spay line.

I personally have not tried this, but im sure it would work.

Rather than shorten a good spey line and ruin it, you'd be better off buying a few poly leaders if your multi tip shooting head line tips dont work with the spey line.

G.

Thanks Garry, I was just thinking that I could kill two birds with one stone as the Multi tips include a 15 floater and if I shortened the spay to match the G2 multi tip spay it might work, L

I spoke to Andy Toft about this a couple of months back and he recommended i don't use the G2 Shooting Head multi tips with G2 Spey line multi tip and vice versa. He said they are profiled to suit each line and would not perform well when mixing one with the other.
    By all means cut your line a bit at a time and try casting it, if it works for you then good luck.

Cheers Diarmid.
    Last edited by rs2ford; 12-12-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks Diarmid. That's good enough for me, I will give the idea a miss and stick to Garry's suggestion.
    regards L