Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100?

Default 100?

So, I can get 4 days fishing in Scotland in the second week of October and could spend up to 100 a day. Where should I go?

I want to fish the fly, have as good a chance of a fish as I can and I'm a bit troubled about spate rivers. When it's a 1250 mile round trip you want to be able to have a cast rather than hear stories of how it was so so great last week, how the drought just goes on and on or how its just so good the rain is coming.... next week.

Bit late to fish they will be coloured up ready to spawn
    THE KING OF SILVERS

Well that maybe so but you have to take the days off you can get to fish and it was Feb. last time I had a 15ft rod in my hands

Murthly1 with Donald or murthly2 with tony on middle tay. Just had a look there plenty rods in October for 125 a day & great fly water

Upper Tweed Many colored fish will be in the system but they'll be fresh fish there too.

There was plenty fresh fish caught on the extension last yr on the tay I seem to recall

Default Annan?

You will not go far wrong with the Annan, (Hoddom if available). Good fly water and just coming into its prime time, so most fish will be spanking fresh (I'll be there the 1st week in Oct).
    It also has the advantage of only being just over the border, so the journey isn't as bad.

Carl
    If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels freeing you from the earth.

you could try the rivers earn and teith/ forth in october well within your budget. also the nith and annan could be a decent shout ; the annan has done really well the last few years..

Default Coloured not

Quote Originally Posted by Greatwhite View Post
    Bit late to fish they will be coloured up ready to spawn
    I fish here in Ayrshire we get bars of silver right to the closing day on the 15th November I've been lucky enough to have silver then so theirs every chance of silver

Quote Originally Posted by Dryfly View Post

I want to fish the fly, have as good a chance of a fish as I can and I'm a bit troubled about spate rivers. .
    Three reasons why I normally stop fishing for salmon at the end of September.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast