Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default T&S 15' Rod Review

Well what's the verdict then do we all agree?

I had a go with the Loop 15' Cross last week and it sure is a cracking rod, probably the best I've ever tried but you can't knock the new Shakey either, I think that will be a big seller for these cold days out for the springers.

Will read in detail tonight, but I was very surprised to see no Greys rods in the test; I only use Greys and find they offer a good compromise between cost and performance.

No doubt a commercial reason!

Oscar.

And where's Bruce & Walker?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Will read in detail tonight, but I was very surprised to see no Greys rods in the test; I only use Greys and find they offer a good compromise between cost and performance.

No doubt a commercial reason!

Oscar.
    Hardy/Greys adverts are all over T&S, so I doubt that is the reason. Greys rods did well in the 14 foot test recently...

I think its because its a test of new rods on the market rather than all rods currently available. There's a bit in the piece where it refers back to previous tests and says the rods there should be considered as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul White View Post
    And where's Bruce & Walker?

Paul
    I think I read somewhere many years ago that B&W do not allow their rods to be entered into these compare and contrast things. I can't remember ever seeing a Bruce and Walker rod in one of these reviews - can you?
    Mark

Bruce & Walker don't submit there rods for these tests and never will, that's from the man at B&W himself.

For anyone wanting to read the full T&S review click here

Why should B&W submit their rods to people who will nit pick and criticise an established and brilliant product with a robust reputation .

Maybe they are a bit heavier and a bit less modern but you never hear anything really bad about them really .

They have seen most rods come and go yet they still have a unique client base.

They do not need to try and scrape around for customers as their reputation precedes them .

Cant seem to get the link to work, it takes me to fishing megastore unfound page.
    It would be easier to follow the thread with the article as reference.
    Gerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast